MINI Cooper Forum banner

jefferson

860 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
Hope someone can help.... I've just had a new ECU fitted..... but have picked up another problem..... under load, my mini cooper s, starts coughing and spluttering...... Its ok if i drive it like an old man, but the slightest bit to much on the throttle.... and its painful...... have to drop down to such a low speed, i have to put hazards on, but after 4 or five hundred metres, it picks up again, but only back to feather touches on the throttle..... Im aware that the inlets valves are a bit coked up, but is this causing my problems...?

#3 ·
hey... thanks for your input..... yes its a 2007 model..... turbo not supercharger...... had the guys at the garage go through it....... they've literally checked everything..... coils.... plugs.... high pressure fuel pump.... sensors..... Read somewhere that the fuel lines and injectors may be getting clogged up with years of gunk, so I'm currently pouring in bottles of fuel cleaner with small amounts of super unleaded, in the hope of fixing it..... Have you had same issues ?

#4 ·
No mate as I run a Generation 1 (bullet proof) and 2 R55 Diesels. No offence but I wouldn't touch a petrol Generation 2 with a barge pole. A wallnut blast of ports may help your cause. There should be plenty of info in here regarding this if you run a search

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.