MINI Cooper Forum banner

Cooper Clubman MPG

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Sportspack Mark 
#1 ·
Hi fellow owners,

i've recently bought a new petrol cooper clubman auto which i am sending back to Mini as it's an aweful thing to drive around town! i am however, picking up my new cooper D Clubman in a couple of weeks :)

my question is MPG - atm, with 90% town driving i average about 28mpg. this is with 1400 miles on the clock and 17" wheels. on longer journies, if i stick to 70 on motorways i can get about 38mpg, but over all, my combined has never been over 33mpg. does this sound like normal mpg on a new petrol automatic car ?

also, once i pick up the diesel next month, i've seen the book figures, but could anyone tell me what mpg i can realistically expect to get from the diesel please ?

many thanks in advance

Gary

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply Iain :)

Appreciate that auto's are much thirstier than their manual counterparts, but i was kind of expecting better than 28 mpg - guess this would improve as the miles clock up.

very much looking forward to getting the diesel in a couple of weeks. what sort of mileage on the clock would the mpg start to stabilise ?

thanks

Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.