Reliability - Clubman Diesel Cooper - MINI Cooper Forum
Go Back   MINI Cooper Forum > Model Specific MINI Forums > MINI Clubman

MINI Clubman MINI Clubman 2007 - Present

Mini2.com is the premier Mini Cooper Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:23 PM
On a Learning Journey

Local Time: 07:56 PM
Reliability - Clubman Diesel Cooper

Almost three years old and my Clubman Cooper Diesel has covered 45,000 miles from new. The most reliable and best built car I have ever purchased - zero warranty claims - zero defects to report. As I consider recycling it for a new one I just hope I can get the same high quality in 2013 model.

The servicing has been carried out to my complete satisfaction - and I did purchase a set of replacement windscreen wiper blades last Autumn.

The five seatbelts means it can carry additional passengers and it has generally returned around 63 mpg.

Disappointments - the MINI colour palette for this year's Clubman models. There are some seriously awful colours on offer.

Benhar, Breich and Forth a-go-go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:33 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 08:56 PM
United Kingdom Male
Good to hear about your satisfaction and reliability.....a Clubman will likely be my next MINI.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:35 AM
MINI2 Premium Member
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by mcmini3 (original)
Disappointments - the MINI colour palette for this year's Clubman models. There are some seriously awful colours on offer.

Im thinking you would love a barbie pink with white roof here reallly then?
To go with your avatar?
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 09:56 PM
Luxembourg Male
I'm at 100,000km and going strong. I just replaced the headlamps and once the faulty turbo was replaced it's been all smooth sailing. I do regular oil and air filter changes a little more frequently than the onboard computer suggests.

I must say, I love this car. I can't imagine not driving one.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:34 PM
On a Learning Journey

Quote: Originally Posted by The Nun (original)
Im thinking you would love a barbie pink with white roof here reallly then?
To go with your avatar?

Barbie Pink with a white roof would certainly be more appealing than all those 'tired but safe pensioner' colours. Went down to the dealership today and viewed Spice Orange - compared to Ford's Tangerine Scream it looked well past its 'best before date'.

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:42 PM
On a Learning Journey

Quote: Originally Posted by mab01uk (original)
Good to hear about your satisfaction and reliability.....a Clubman will likely be my next MINI.

I've been really surprised at just how good the Clubman has turned out in everyday usage. After reading some of the comments on this forum prior to purchase I was expecting maybe a few issues (leaking door seals, dodgy clutch, few rattles etc) - but this model has proven very robust.

If you need a bit more room, but don't want a bloated MINI that looks as though it's been on a diet of steroids, peanut butter and burgers - then I'd recommend you consider a Clubman.

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:48 PM
On a Learning Journey

Quote: Originally Posted by MiniDeLux (original)
I'm at 100,000km and going strong. I just replaced the headlamps and once the faulty turbo was replaced it's been all smooth sailing. I do regular oil and air filter changes a little more frequently than the onboard computer suggests.

I must say, I love this car. I can't imagine not driving one.

I believe my current Clubman would happily do a similar mileage, but someone else is going to get that pleasure. I'm taking the chance to change it for a new model before Scotland votes for independence and anyone with money is taxed into exile in England.

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:36 AM
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom
Quote: Originally Posted by mcmini3 (original)

Yes, Mini colours are terribly boring.

I wonder if the problem is that colour gurus only chose colours under either vivid studio artificial lighting or imitations of Californian natural lighting. Under really bright lights Spice Orange looks wonderful but in reality, particularly here under "North British" daylight, I think it looks like the sort of brown that Metros came in.

Similarly the White Silver I went with looks like grey primer with clearcoat over it - spotlessly clean on a really sunny day, it is borderline interesting, but not the rest of the time.

Look on the bright side - Germans do 'restrained and dignified' quite well, but I can't find many signs that they know the difference between 'exuberant' and 'tasteless', so the choice really is between another boring metallic and Barbie pink. I would almost be tempted by the sort of 'puke green' that even Citroean didn't put on 2CVs, but I can't help thinking after a few months, I would have regretted not choosing Pepper White.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM
On a Learning Journey

Quote: Originally Posted by Angib (original)

I wonder if the problem is that colour gurus only chose colours under either vivid studio artificial lighting or imitations of Californian natural lighting. Under really bright lights Spice Orange looks wonderful but in reality, particularly here under "North British" daylight, I think it looks like the sort of brown that Metros came in.

Similarly the White Silver I went with looks like grey primer with clearcoat over it - spotlessly clean on a really sunny day, it is borderline interesting, but not the rest of the time.

Look on the bright side - Germans do 'restrained and dignified' quite well, but I can't find many signs that they know the difference between 'exuberant' and 'tasteless', so the choice really is between another boring metallic and Barbie pink. I would almost be tempted by the sort of 'puke green' that even Citroean didn't put on 2CVs, but I can't help thinking after a few months, I would have regretted not choosing Pepper White.

I'm completely with you regarding the above comments - maybe those 'colour gurus' need to view some MINI's on an overcast Winter's day on Tyneside or Clydeside.

On a personal note I'd also love to see those silver coloured C Pillars get the chop on the Clubman.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 12:24 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View Leedz's Chili Red & Body Color 2nd Gen MINI One Profile
Quote: Originally Posted by Angib (original)

Totally agree with all this. I know a lot of people like White Silver but I can't see the point in paying the extra for a dingy metallic when Pepper white looks so good, for less.
There's only really Pepper White and Chilli red that do anything for me: MINI is supposed to be a 'fun' brand, but the colours are anything but: A new yellow, something similar to the original Liquid Yellow, and some bright blues would be most welcome.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 09:56 PM
Luxembourg Male
My Clubman is Mellow Yellow and Black. I'm pretty pleased with it. Colour was chosen by my wife from amongst the "no additional cost" 2009 colours. I must say I was hesitant about the colour at first, but it's grown on me.

I still get comments from people in parking lots about how unusual the colour scheme is. I asked the dealership and Mini don't offer yellow anymore. They claim it wasn't a popular choice (apparently in Germany it's the same colour as the postal trucks) so removed it as an option.

I've also noticed the colours on the latest models are rather uninteresting.

Quote: Originally Posted by Leedz (original)
Totally agree with all this. I know a lot of people like White Silver but I can't see the point in paying the extra for a dingy metallic when Pepper white looks so good, for less.
There's only really Pepper White and Chilli red that do anything for me: MINI is supposed to be a 'fun' brand, but the colours are anything but: A new yellow, something similar to the original Liquid Yellow, and some bright blues would be most welcome.

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM
On a Learning Journey

Quote: Originally Posted by Leedz (original)
MINI is supposed to be a 'fun' brand, but the colours are anything but: A new yellow, something similar to the original Liquid Yellow, and some bright blues would be most welcome.

You hit the nail on the head with the reference to the word 'fun'. When it comes to fun I think of bright, vibrant happy colours - yellows, bright greens, purple, orange, blues - colours that stimulate positive thoughts on a grey, murky day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement