post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

2003 Cooper vs Cooper D

I have owned a 2003 Cooper for the last 2 and a half years and absolutely love it.

However, decided that the running costs were getting higher and things started to go wrong, but hey it was 9 and a half years old. I decided to splash out on a 2007 Cooper D. I read all the reviews that it lacks sportyness and was a bit gruff, however decided the mpgs and low tax was worth it.

Well, after 2 days I absolutely love it. The high torque gives effortless mid range power and it is so smooth. I drove a facelift Cooper before driving this and I much preferred the D.

For me it is better than the petrol, as a whole package. Just thought I would post to let anyone know who is thinking about going for a D.

DO IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2012, 01:06 PM
MINI2 Fan

Local Time: 05:06 PM

United Kingdom Male View rumblestrip's Chili Red & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by minioll View Post
I have owned a 2003 Cooper for the last 2 and a half years and absolutely love it.

However, decided that the running costs were getting higher and things started to go wrong, but hey it was 9 and a half years old. I decided to splash out on a 2007 Cooper D. I read all the reviews that it lacks sportyness and was a bit gruff, however decided the mpgs and low tax was worth it.

Well, after 2 days I absolutely love it. The high torque gives effortless mid range power and it is so smooth. I drove a facelift Cooper before driving this and I much preferred the D.

For me it is better than the petrol, as a whole package. Just thought I would post to let anyone know who is thinking about going for a D.

DO IT!
Agreed! I have just bought a new Dooper Clubman and am enjoying the torque. Acceleration through 2nd to 3rd is very nice; the petrol engine seems not to be quite right when driving hard and changing from 2 to 3 IMHO.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 50 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblestrip View Post
Agreed! the petrol engine seems not to be quite right when driving hard and changing from 2 to 3 IMHO.
The JCW doesnt seem so bad, I can put up with it.
I very nearly had a Cooper SD instead in fact.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
MINI2 Senior

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Yep have to agree , love my Dooper convertible, I have been a diesel guy for the last 18 years, couldn't wait to get my hands on the mini diesel and absolutely love it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2012, 09:10 AM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 05:06 PM

United Kingdom Male

I've got a Dooper S on order, moving 'up' from a 2009 Dooper. I'm expecting to see a huge decrease in fuel economy but expect it to be balanced by an increase in grins.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:41 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Female View scottish_girly's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper S Diesel Profile View scottish_girly's Classified Ads

Crikey, where did you read that it lacked sportyness? I had a Cooper S 58 plate before deciding after 2 and a half years that the running costs were too much and got a second hand Cooper D...the pull from this car is pretty much almost the same as the Cooper S (obviously not quite as quick) but still for a diesel very impressive.

Also had a 04 plate Cooper before this. Loved them all

they call me mellow yellow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply