MINI Cooper Forum banner

2003 Cooper vs Cooper D

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  scottish_girly 
#1 ·
I have owned a 2003 Cooper for the last 2 and a half years and absolutely love it.

However, decided that the running costs were getting higher and things started to go wrong, but hey it was 9 and a half years old. I decided to splash out on a 2007 Cooper D. I read all the reviews that it lacks sportyness and was a bit gruff, however decided the mpgs and low tax was worth it.

Well, after 2 days I absolutely love it. The high torque gives effortless mid range power and it is so smooth. I drove a facelift Cooper before driving this and I much preferred the D.

For me it is better than the petrol, as a whole package. Just thought I would post to let anyone know who is thinking about going for a D.

DO IT!

#6 ·
Crikey, where did you read that it lacked sportyness? I had a Cooper S 58 plate before deciding after 2 and a half years that the running costs were too much and got a second hand Cooper D...the pull from this car is pretty much almost the same as the Cooper S (obviously not quite as quick) but still for a diesel very impressive.

Also had a 04 plate Cooper before this. Loved them all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.