Issue at 3000 rpm - MINI Cooper Forum
Go Back   MINI Cooper Forum > Model Specific MINI Forums > MINI Cooper Diesel


MINI Cooper Diesel MINI Cooper Diesel 2007 - Present

Mini2.com is the premier Mini Cooper Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wales
Posts: 6
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Wales Male
Issue at 3000 rpm

Just taken my Mini Cooper D (2009) for a long trip today to the city (About 65 miles both ways) and on the way home I tried to overtake some cars but the rev counter would not let me go over 3000 rpm - tried several gears and as soon as I got to 3000 rpm the engine just held (did not loose power and no lihts have shown).

About 10 miles later everything was fine again?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grimsby n/e lincs
Posts: 35
Local Time: 06:28 AM
United Kingdom Male
United-Kingdom

Sounds like it went into limp home mode, get it plugged in at the dealers.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 06:47 PM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wales
Posts: 6
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Wales Male
Quote: Originally Posted by dasher1275 (original)
Sounds like it went into limp home mode, get it plugged in at the dealers.

Should it not show a warning message?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 05:29 PM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grimsby n/e lincs
Posts: 35
Local Time: 06:28 AM
United Kingdom Male
United-Kingdom

I think they have a mind of there own sometimes, so who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 06:49 PM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wales
Posts: 6
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Wales Male
Finally found the problem - was the turbo actuator. Garage cleaned it and now the car is like a rocket. The issue has been there since the day I bought it so I have never had 100% turbo. What a difference now.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:26 AM
MINI2 Senior
Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 437
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Luxembourg Male
Can you elaborate on that a little bit? What exactly did they clean and how did they clean it?

I have a similar issue, so am quite interested in this.

Thansk.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:39 AM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wales
Posts: 6
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Wales Male
Quote: Originally Posted by MiniDeLux (original)
Can you elaborate on that a little bit? What exactly did they clean and how did they clean it?

I have a similar issue, so am quite interested in this.

Thansk.

They told me the Turbo Actuator was ceased (evidently it controls the turbo). They cleaned it and that has cured it. Problems I was having that were all linked the the same fault:

Occasionally would not go over 3K revs (random times)
Autostop stopped working
After I turned car off it made a buzzing noise
Lack of power (much more since its been done)
Not always starting well

Hope this helps as its all I know. I have mailed a guy I know in a Mini dealer to ask if he would ask his workshop guys about it and will post here if I hear back.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
MINI2 Senior
Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 437
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Luxembourg Male
Thanks for the info, it gives me a starting point.

That would be fantastic if you could get some info from the workshop guys. That would give me some indication as to labour involved if I asked them to have look at it, etc...

My engine seems to run well, but it's lacking power. As you say, normally these cars are like rockets, but mine seems decidedly uninterested in going anywhere. I would describe it as very sluggish. I'm having the fuel filter and oil changed tomorrow so maybe that will help.

Quote: Originally Posted by JohnMead (original)
They told me the Turbo Actuator was ceased (evidently it controls the turbo). They cleaned it and that has cured it. Problems I was having that were all linked the the same fault:

Occasionally would not go over 3K revs (random times)
Autostop stopped working
After I turned car off it made a buzzing noise
Lack of power (much more since its been done)
Not always starting well

Hope this helps as its all I know. I have mailed a guy I know in a Mini dealer to ask if he would ask his workshop guys about it and will post here if I hear back.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM
MINI2 Newbie
Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Wales
Posts: 6
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Wales Male
Quote: Originally Posted by MiniDeLux (original)
Thanks for the info, it gives me a starting point.

That would be fantastic if you could get some info from the workshop guys. That would give me some indication as to labour involved if I asked them to have look at it, etc...

My engine seems to run well, but it's lacking power. As you say, normally these cars are like rockets, but mine seems decidedly uninterested in going anywhere. I would describe it as very sluggish. I'm having the fuel filter and oil changed tomorrow so maybe that will help.

Had a reply back but it said nothing at all (guy is away and has not spoken to workshop guys). If you taking it to garage ask them to check the turbo actuator is not ceased - it sounded a pretty simple job to be honest and did not take them long to fix.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 04:09 PM
MINI2 Senior
Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 437
Local Time: 08:28 AM
Luxembourg Male
Fuel filter, air filter and oil and oil filter changed. Car runs much better. Not quite like I remember when I first bought it, but definitely an improvement.

Still seems somewhat sluggish until I hit about 3000rpms. I can live with it I guess as I can still accelerate in 6th uphill. Just doesn't really whip my head back like it used to.

Thanks for all the help! If I ever figure it out, I'll post my fix here.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply
Tags:



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

» Recent Threads
heat problem
Aug 24th, 2014 10:04 AM
Last post by rob955triumph
Today 06:03 AM
13 Replies, 792 Views
Halo Hedlights??
Yesterday 04:25 AM
by dsakko
Last post by SteveAus
Today 04:48 AM
4 Replies, 184 Views
Cooper D tuning
Today 01:53 AM
Last post by stephen orford
Today 01:53 AM
0 Replies, 70 Views
Selling Dumps, Cvvs, Fullz.Tickets,Hotels,Credit card topup
Yesterday 11:14 PM
Last post by princeandqueens94
Yesterday 11:14 PM
0 Replies, 70 Views
Selling Dumps, Cvvs, Fullz.Tickets,Hotels,Credit card topup
Yesterday 11:07 PM
Last post by princeandqueens94
Yesterday 11:07 PM
0 Replies, 68 Views
Selling Dumps, Cvvs, Fullz.Tickets,Hotels,Credit card topup
Yesterday 11:05 PM
Last post by princeandqueens94
Yesterday 11:05 PM
0 Replies, 76 Views
Selling Dumps, Cvvs, Fullz.Tickets,Hotels,Credit card topup
Yesterday 10:48 PM
Last post by princeandqueens94
Yesterday 10:48 PM
0 Replies, 68 Views
- I'm seller best and alway sell CC fresh with hight balance.
Yesterday 10:47 PM
Last post by princeandqueens94
Yesterday 10:47 PM
0 Replies, 69 Views
Selling Dumps, Cvvs, Fullz.Tickets,Hotels,Credit card topup
Yesterday 10:39 PM
Last post by princeandqueens94
Yesterday 10:39 PM
0 Replies, 43 Views
» Premium
» Auto Insurance
Wheel & Tire Center

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.1

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2