MINI Cooper Forum banner

Timing belt intervals

36K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RVW 
#1 ·
After searching high and low through the internet and a scan through the handbooks that came with my mini, I can't find a definite milage the timing belt should be changed! Some say bmw say 240k but surely that isn't right! Then others say 90k then seen a few 125k?! Does anyone have a accurate answer or a link to a mini site with this info? I'm new to this forum so I may be looking in the wrong places!!!

#4 ·
Visited this question earlier this year. This was the reply from MINI UK.

Thank you for your reply
Regards
Ray XXXXXXXX

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Jan 2014, at 16:34, customer.service@mini.co.uk wrote:

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your email dated January 20, 2014, providing me with your vehicle chassis number.

I have investigated your case with our internal Technical Department in further detail to clarify whether a timing chain or a camshaft belt is fitted to your MINI Cooper D Clubman. I have received clarification to confirm that we have identified an error in the original handbooks relating to this. On behalf of MINI UK, please accept my apologies for the confusion and dissatisfaction that this matter had caused you.

I can confirm from the Technical team that your MINI Cooper D Clubman is indeed fitted with a camshaft belt. They have also confirmed that we would recommend that this component is replaced at 240,000 km.

Once again, I am sorry that you have had cause to contact us and I trust that this information provides the clarity that you were seeking.

Yours sincerely

MINI UK
My-Ha Hoang
Senior Customer Service Executive
Ellesfield Avenue
Bracknell RG12 8TA
Tel: +44 (0)870 5050 122
Fax: +44 (0)870 5050 205
Mailto: customer.service@mini.co.uk
URL: MINI - New Car Deals - New MINI Cars, Coupe, Convertible, Hatchback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.