MINI Cooper Forum banner

cooper d and tuning advise/dpf/additive reset

11K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Noslig 
#1 ·
we have clubman cooper d 2009 so is the 1.6hdi 112bhp with dpf and additive tank,, so dpf first off remove the filter then remove bottom section off it it splits in two held together with a metal band with 13mm bolt, you then will have one halve in the cat and the other is dpf filter part in the middle of this there is the temp sensor for dpf remove this before knocking out both filters with hammer and chisel, then bolt both halves back together on some exhaust paste and remount to car,,
at this point you will need ecu reprogrammed i use kess v2 latest 2017 with master and tokens reset if using a chinese clone as most are i read the file and send off to rolling road guy i use for files he then deletes dpf egr and drops a known map on to file mine now runs 160bhp no turbo lag pulls strong from tick over infact it pulls as hard at 1300 revs as it does at 2500 revs will lose grip in 3rd gear in the wet and 2nd gear in the dry but still does 70mpg checked this by brimming tank and working out miles and fuel used,, i've driven a lot of cooper s cars and now this diesel is well on par with them just a totally different car to drive so got the best of all worlds,, also with dpf and egr gone the engine oil stays clean between services as this was a major problem with the 1.6hdi engines,, there is a company on ebay that sell tuning and dpf files for £75 all do is read your car email them the file and the change it mail it back remount on car job done,, this all said mot test says a visual check for all the dpf equipment is needed for mot, the only bit cant be checked at moment is internals of filter housing,, of course all of the above is for off road use only and could never condone such behaviour on the road lol..
and the last bit in the puzle is the additive tank so this cannot be deleted from the car many have try'd and failed, but can be fouled in to being used for another job, so i remove the additive bag and fill it with cataclean dpf cleaner and diesel mixed this then gives the engine a shot every time i fill up with diesel and keeps engine running very clean and also at mot it goes through on nearly zero,, i reset additive tank counter with autocom cdp plus refill it every 40k miles job done

See less See more
#3 ·
1,http://mesg.ebay.co.uk/mesgweb/ViewMessageDetail/0/All/87789324368 kess v2 buy it he will send files and help on how to use it.
2,Auto Car Vehicle Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Tool Scanner for CDP Pro Plus autocom cdp+ this will reset fluid additive tank counter also will reset dpf filter back to new on pressures on some cars it is possible to reset these readings to zero car thinks it has a new filter and runs fine, but some dont and try and regen,
3 Cataclean Diesel Particulate (DPF) Cleaner &Treatment PROTECT YOUR DPF Low Soot | eBay this stuff is really good i have replaced the additive fluid with it,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.