post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:49 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Cooper D ALL4 MPG Plus new re-call

I've just taken my All4 in to have the engine reviewed because at the moment I'm only getting 39.8 mpg with 8000 miles on the clock, I've been checking the mileage over the last 3 months and it's not changed even with the cold weather. Driving is mixed with a 10 mile trip each way per day, this is way way below what Mini advertise.

I've just been told that the car is performing normally and the figures I have seen are acceptable - Well they're certainly not acceptable to me, certainly at today's prices.

I have a good bench mark in my wifes car she has a 3 month old Toyota Urban Cruiser 1.4 D4D All4 and currently is running a 50 mpg with near on the same performance as the Mini.

At the same time the garage advised that there is a recall on a lower fuel pipe which needs to be replaced - it only a 5 min job so they say.

So the question is what consumption is everyone else getting and also has anyone had this pipe fitted.

Rob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2012, 08:04 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 01:49 AM

United-Kingdom

We're getting 44 or so out of our three month old All4 SD, which is again well below the 'official' figures. This problem is regularly discussed in Auto Express and it just shows that the tests defined and mandated are a joke. The problem is that no Government is prepared to do anything about it. A recent response by the DfT was that the figures should only be used 'for comparative purposes' by those looking at a number of cars, and 'should not be taken as representative' of the 'real world' performance.

My X6 is supposed to produce about 7mpg more than it actually does, my old E53 was as bad and it really all demonstrates very clearly that the tests are poorly designed and totally unrepresentative of 'typical' driving seen on UK roads.

Thanks for being so helpful Europe.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:58 PM
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

United Kingdom

The USA changed their official mpg tests a year or two ago to make it more realistic, so that may yet happen in the EU. However the result seems to be that many Americans believe the fuel economy of their cars has been degraded (big oil conspiracy theories, you know...) so maybe not?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom

My wife had a mini petrol for 3 years and recently has got a mini diesel; she is not happy how poor the fuel consumption is for the diesel. She will be taking hers in to be looked at as well.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperRCJS View Post
My wife had a mini petrol for 3 years and recently has got a mini diesel; she is not happy how poor the fuel consumption is for the diesel. She will be taking hers in to be looked at as well.
Good luck my friend, I even rang Mini Customer Service, well I may as well just hit my head against a brick wall - total and utter crap

Rob.

Last edited by BlackRoadster2; Mar 15th, 2012 at 08:47 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2012, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

Just an up-date - the car is now producing 44 - 45 mpg, runs like a dream, so smooth it feels like a different car - love it. As for perfomance, don't need an SD for sure.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 2012, 08:57 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRoadster2 View Post
Just an up-date - the car is now producing 44 - 45 mpg, runs like a dream, so smooth it feels like a different car - love it. As for perfomance, don't need an SD for sure.
Not sure if you've mentioned this but the recall carried out was for the fuel pipes. They have had problems where they rub through and create a fuel leak. this could explain the poor fuel economy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply