post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2014, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 03:11 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Got my Roadster S Yesterday

This is such a great car to drive, I've previously owned a Z4 which was great but I think the Mini is more fun in a bit of a hooligan sort of way!!

I read lots of reviews before I purchased. Negatives such as harsh ride, noise & torque steer don't seem to be a problem. The car appears bolted together well, I'll be able to use it year round (Yorkshire England). Being a bloke of a certain age I can get into it easier & once I'm in the age thing doesn't seem to matter!!

Looking forward to the warmer weather...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini resized.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	171362  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2014, 08:47 PM
MINI2 Senior

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Congrats, lovely looking car. The Roadster is the one I am aiming for next time ��
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2014, 08:55 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 53 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSydney View Post
The car appears bolted together well,
Yes there doesnt appear to be any problems with the bolts youre right, theyre gooduns.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2014, 05:01 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

Picked up my 14 plate SD Cooper Roadster last Thursday 3rd and today had to have it collected as its blown up!! So un-happy at the moment I can't tell you. Was driving home in the sun (yes sun!) at lunchtime and when parked on the drive, smoke and a ghastly noise from under the engine - I've only just managed to cover 100 miles. No idea what is wrong yet and am so desperate to get the car back. Has anyone else had an experience like this with a cooper SD - are there any known issues?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2014, 08:59 PM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

United Kingdom

England

My Countryman did a big noise thing under the bonnet. Found out is was the DPF regenerating.

Worries were sorted in a couple of hrs after a chat with the recovery team when all was explained about the DPF

Tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyNuNu View Post
Picked up my 14 plate SD Cooper Roadster last Thursday 3rd and today had to have it collected as its blown up!! So un-happy at the moment I can't tell you. Was driving home in the sun (yes sun!) at lunchtime and when parked on the drive, smoke and a ghastly noise from under the engine - I've only just managed to cover 100 miles. No idea what is wrong yet and am so desperate to get the car back. Has anyone else had an experience like this with a cooper SD - are there any known issues?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 2014, 11:37 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

How fantastic, lucky you - perfect weather for it. My wife is waiting for her new roadster and is so excited it's painful (for me!) how long was the wait on yours?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2014, 08:04 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

United-Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSydney View Post
This is such a great car to drive, I've previously owned a Z4 which was great but I think the Mini is more fun in a bit of a hooligan sort of way!!

Looking forward to the warmer weather...
Good choice, I'm just in the process of doing exactly the same.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2014, 07:33 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Im borrowing a Cooper S Roadster at the moment until my actual car arrives. Ive only had it for a couple of hour but am loving it.

Are you still enjoying your car MarkSydney? Is there any quirks I should be looking out for?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 05:23 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 06:11 AM

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyNuNu View Post
Probably doesn't apply, but I had something similar with my RR Evoque (gas). I thought I was going to have to have it towed to the dealer. Turned out to be a computer problem. I shut it down for about an minute and when I fired it back up, everything was fine. A few days later the dealer couldn't find anything wrong.

Now the Evoque mostly sits in the garage as I'm having my 2nd childhood driving my '13 Mini S Roadster. What a gas!!! A year before I bought it, I bought a used '05 Mini Convertible. I was going to replace it with another convertible until I saw the Roadster. Love the real trunk verses whatever they call the rear storage on the convertible.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2014, 05:02 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 09:11 AM

United States

mini roadsters look great! having my first convertible, a lo mile preowned 2001 TT which was in my price range i would love to see an AWD convert, or at least optional mechanical LSD. only ever owned one FWD + was not pleased, but the before mentioned LSD which i had installed costing $2,000 in 2001 made everything good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.