post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2014, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Wales Roadster reliability issues

Hi. I'm new to this forum and my wife is seriously considering a roadster in pepper white with black (she's quite specific!!) wheels. I'd like to know if there are any serious issues/faults/reliability gremlins associated with this car. Any advice as to what variant to get (eg petrol/diesel/ auto/manual cooper/cooper s ) would also be much appreciated. I'd also like feedback on how dealerships care for their customers (we live in South Wales), real life mpg, performance on the basic cooper etc etc. Basically I want you owners out there to convince me to get this car for my wife! Your help on this would be massively appreciate because I'd like to take advantage of the low rate APR (1.9%) on the PCP deals currently on offer or would it be better to wait for the 'new' mini engine line up to be introduced to the roadster and coupe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2014, 05:41 PM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

United Kingdom

The Roadster is just a hatchback Mini with a different roof (well, it's based on the Convertible actually) so has the same reliability as other Minis.

It looks unlikely (but not impossible) that the Roadster and Coupé will be replaced when they reach the end of their lifespan in a few years time. The new engine won't get put in them as that goes in a different floorpan. You can take your own pick about whether being a discontinued model will raise or lower resale prices when that day comes.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2014, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Many thanks for the response. 'Er indoors has picked the car. Deposit paid, hope this is the start of a great new relationship with the Mini
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2014, 03:18 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddercocker View Post
'Er indoors has picked the car. Deposit paid,
She cant blame you then when it all goes wrong, thats the best way to go about it
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2014, 06:34 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

My wife has done the same and ordered a roadster S - British racing green with black wheels for her. Due in twelve days so I'm told! Actually I'm looking forward to it too.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2014, 06:56 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpee1 View Post
Due in twelve days so I'm told! Actually I'm looking forward to it too.
Hmm should get her out of the house and leave you in peace I guess.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2014, 05:53 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 05:51 AM

United States

I've had my '13 Roadster for 15 months now and still love it. Everywhere I go, especially with the top down, I get raves from onlookers. Just a fun car to drive!!! However, I don't think it's suitable for a "only" vehicle. Just too small for hauling extras around unless a person rents a bigger vehicle for those few times more space is needed.

I had an '05 convertible and wanted to replace it with a '13 S. When I stopped in at my dealer, I saw the Roadster and quickly forgot about getting the convertible. No regrets.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 11:42 PM
MINI2 Regular

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

United Kingdom

The thing i hate most about our coupe sd is the noise from the road with run-flats, its horrendous . Crashy ride & loads and loads and loads of rattles in the boot area.. the rest is fine, we get about 57 - 60 mpg
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:17 PM

Local Time: 01:51 PM

I have the Roadster S and love it! handles great - even in the snow (as long as it isn't deep)
The only issues I've found - voice command on the Nav system isn't great and there is a pretty bad blind spot when the top is up.

Buy it, you'll love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.