MINI Cooper Forum banner

Want to take your MINI on the TopGear Test Track?

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  NigelK 
#1 ·
#2 ·

Attachments

#3 ·
I don't know Rob personally, but I've heard of what he does.

Please spread the word folks, we need to have this event full! The track has cost me £4800 to hire for the day, so 100 cars there at £60 each nets us a nice profit for charity :)

Any MINI or Mini is welcome - both my F57 JCW and 1998 Cooper Sports LE will be there as pace/safety cars :) We also have an F56 JCW, and a GP1 to lead cars round.

Here's my Cooper Sport, outside the McLaren hospitality suite, which is next to where we'll be on the day :)

#4 ·
I'm booked. Need to pay. Look forward to seeing you there. Wonder if SCBC would like to pitch up with an appearance and contribute. I'll give him a heads up. My eldest son started SCBC with Rob. He left after it going. Hence I know a bit about them!
Do you like the boiler suits and flat hats? When they stop on tours in London they get completely surrounded by tourists taking pics.

#15 ·
Yes, brilliant fun. As you say, cars, weather, good company. Excellent. A blast. And it raised some reasonable dosh for the charity. First chance I've had to spank my R53 with decent(ish) tarmac and no-one coming the other way. Oh dear, standard R53 brakes! Got to go.
I found Brassd and we had a good chat. We did a 'whine check' of my Orranje Stealth. Think he wants one! Looked around for you Monkeys but couldn't find you. There were some MT guys there who I know with their extremely rapid motors, doing the fast track.

#17 ·
Thanks for your work organising this Minicabrio and doing the pace cars. I've just got my pictures. And I've bought a set of R56 Cooper S TRW callipers and carriers to sort the brakes. Not fitted yet. Getting them done in discrete BRG by Bigg Red, to match the car.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.