MINI Cooper Forum banner

New MINI Convertible (R57) reviews....

14K views 69 replies 18 participants last post by  dalboyne 
#1 ·
Just as a heads up, anyone eagerly awaiting news and reviews of the new MINI Convertible (R57) wont have to wait long.

:cool:

As stated previously in another thread from the Convertible forum (here) I am lucky enough to be one of the first fortunate few to drive the new MINI Convertible for review at the international media launch.

I will be publishing a full review and report before sunrise on Wednesday on my news and reviews website theSwitchback.

:D

With any luck there could be news up as early as Monday or Tuesday, but technology and stamina have been known to fail me in the past, so I don't want to make any broken promises!

So far as I can tell, all the regular names you'd imagine from the british motoring press will be there, so I'd expect more reviews to surface throughout next week.

#8 ·
Oh yes - a question for Paul - can the first customers expect to collect their cars on the 28th March, or will they have to wait until later? (As Plant Oxford production is reported to be stopping again for a week in February, am wondering if this will hit R57 deliveries)

#13 ·
When I did have my convertible the fondest memories I have are not sweating on a hot day, but driving it on a bright sub zero winters day, on snow or when it was pelting down with rain.
Heated seats, good air conditioning and a hat are a must.
I enjoyed your review Paul.

#17 ·
Hi to everyone, im a new mini virgin!

Ive got my order in for an convertible 's' in laser blue.

The convertible got a good review and center spread in the sun newspaper today.

The last mini i owned was a clubman 1275GT....have they changed much ? :)
Excellent and a very warm welcome to MINI2!

I suspect you'll find the main difference will be that your new car will have a fabric roof that can be opend and closed at the touch of a button. Apart from that, I would say that the new MINI tries to stay faithful to the concept of the original Mini, but is very much a car for the new millennium. ;)

See you at MINI United?

Ian

#18 ·
We are just back from our local dealer, where they have a Horizon Blue R57 Cooper with brown leather interior and brown roof on display but for invited guests only. I'm pretty sure it's the one Morty saw last week in Brussels.

Anyone want to see some pictures? ;)

#26 ·
"Some more....(note the changed wind deflector design - plastic frame, and rubber "bumpers" on the ends)"

Thanks for the photos Ian,

New deflector, :eek: thats put an end to a cheap one off fleebay :(

Andy.
Afraid so, Andy - you are not the only one! I've said it before, the Wind Deflector should be provided as part of the cost of the car, and NOT an expensive optional extra!

Nice pictures :D The R57 does look verry nice indeed :D Though the Horizon Blue dash with HC colour line looks terrible
Thanks Mister T - I agree, this is not a combo that works for me at all!

#30 ·
Very difficult to tell, Paul, as it was under artifical lighting only, and in a room all to itself so nothing to compare it to. I did take a photo of the colour samples at the dealers, and I have to say that the Horizon Blue looks different on the sample than on the car itself! See what you think.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.