MINI Cooper Forum banner

New Online Magazine for Track Day Enthusiasts

23K views 83 replies 7 participants last post by  kumar0raja 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife and I are both track day drivers and we have started a free online magazine catering exclusively to the track day driver enthusiast. Visit us at Auto TrackDay Monthly

Check out just some of our original articles:

Track designer Alan Wilson is interviewed
A review of smart phone data and video logging apps and interview with the developer of Track Attack
An interview with the developer of RaceRender video editing software and the smart phone app, TrackAddictHD
An interview with Daniel McCoey who is a time trial driver and a track prep shop owner in Australia on track modifications
Reviews of race track facilities NCCAR in North Carolina and The FIRM in Gainesville
Two articles on efforts to reduce street racing by youths
Press releases from Mini

and How To articles on our How To and Getting Started tabs

Please check the 13 articles on our home page. By clicking 'Read More" you can go right to the original material.

Thanks,
Michael and Ziva

See less See more
#2 ·
The May issue of Auto TrackDay Monthly is up. We've featured one of Paul Newman's favorite tracks, Brainerd International Raceway; everyone's dream kit car 818, developed by Factory Five Racing; Apache helicopter pilot turned track day enthusiast Chad Morehead; what to look for when modifying your brakes for track days; the ins and outs of track day insurance coverage and much more. We've also added turn-by-turn breakdowns of your favorite tracks so take a look before you go!

#3 ·
Our first reader submission has been published in our magazine. Read about driving instructor Doug Quara's interesting and sometimes hilarious instructing experiences entitled Memoir of a High Performance Driver Education Instructor on our Getting Started tab.

"I really thought that in any lap we’d end up running out of room at the exit and do some agricultural activities. But luckily we never did. How many ways can you say “Get up near the wall on the right!! GET UP NEAR THE WALL ON THE RIGHT!!?!?!?”

#82 ·
Our first reader submission has been published in our magazine. Read about driving instructor Doug Quara's interesting and sometimes hilarious instructing experiences entitled Memoir of a High Performance Driver Education Instructor on our Getting Started tab.

"I really thought that in any lap we’d end up running out of room at the exit and do some agricultural activities. But luckily we never did. How many ways can you say “Get up near the wall on the right!! GET UP NEAR THE WALL ON THE RIGHT!!?!?!?”
Chad Morehead; what to look for when modifying your brakes for track days; the ins and outs of track day insurance coverage and much more. We've also added turn-by-turn breakdowns of your favorite tracks so take a look before you go!

#4 ·
Auto TrackDay Monthly's upcoming June issue is running a story on vintage racer and writer Burt Levy who says, “I went to see a vintage race to do a story for Auto Week about it and I just fell in love. I mean here were all the cars I grew up lusting after. And it’s not just the doing it. It’s the people and the liturgy if you will – you know of being on the inside where you know the people and you know the cars and you know the stories and the wild characters you run into at racing. Racing is full of some great people. It’s just so much more vivid than everyday life. When you’re on a race weekend, it’s like being on a mission. You know what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s very goal oriented. And then you go back to what I call the mindless slop of everyday life. And you can’t wait to get back to the track.” While you're waiting to read more about Burt Levy in June, if you haven't already, read some of our current articles on brake upgrades, track insurance, track cars, getting started and how-to’s.

#10 ·
We've published our July issue! Please come take a look. Your ongoing support of our magazine has been much appreciated and is allowing us to keep it going. This issue covers Part 2 of Burt Levy and his writing career, David Ray of Hooked on Driving wherein he discusses his coaching techniques, and much more!

#12 ·
We hope you've been enjoying our magazine. We just published our most recent article which features the documentary Where They Raced about the long lost board tracks of L.A. Also, if you haven't yet, explore the site a bit and check out some of our how-to driving techniques underneath the how-to's tab at the top of the page.

#19 ·
“I’m not the fastest driver out there, but I’m good at communicating, good at breaking things down, tackling challenges from different angles, and—I hope—reading students for how much they can absorb in any given session or day.” Read our latest article about Ingrid Steffensen, track day coach and contributor to Ross Bentley’s Speed Secrets Weekly and Roundel Magazine.
autotrackdaymonthly.com - A Track Days Magazine

#20 ·
As you know, we’ve been alerting you to new content on Auto TrackDay Monthly. If you’ve been checking out our magazine, we would appreciate you showing us your support by subscribing to our email list HERE. In this way we can build our readership and continue to bring you the only magazine dedicated to the track day enthusiast.

Check out our latest article New Developments with Video and Data Logging Smart Phone App, Track Attack.

#22 ·
Do you all remember the article we ran on track designer Alan Wilson back in March? Fascinating! Well, he's written a thriller about what might happen if hackers were able to compromise Formula 1 cars' telemetry during a race. Click below to read our review of Alan Wilson's novel Zapped and what Wilson himself has to say about this controversy. And if you haven't already, scroll down our homepage to read our prior interview with the great track designer. Just look for the yellow Porsche.

#23 ·
#24 ·
"The team had to re-think how to take advantage of the power by optimizing the axle ratio and transmission gearing. After looking at minimizing the number of shifts at some of our favorite tracks, the team selected a combination that would allow our customers to get out of the hole without breaking the tires loose and continue on down the track, taking full advantage of all 662HP."

Read our interview with the Project Manager for the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.

Also, we have partnered with Track HQ and RacingJunk.com to bring you an enhanced track day oriented forum experience and access to track car classifieds. Finally, go to our downloads tab to get your how to manuals and track driver log.

autotrackdaymonthly.com - A Track Days Magazine - A Track Days Magazine

#25 ·
"Looking at parameters like percentage full throttle over a lap, throttle speed, brake aggression and coast time are all some of the more advanced measures I use to help even experienced drivers break through plateaus that invariably affect us all."

As promised, we've published part II of our interview with driving coach Peter Krause, which focuses on driving techniques. Click below to read the article.

#26 ·
Ingrid Steffensen’s book Fast Girl, although about track days, getting to track days, being at tracks, eating at tracks....well basically living the track day world, is really also about life. Check out our latest article - our review of Fast Girl, Ingrid Steffensen's account of her personal journey from college professor to track warrior. Ingrid is a track day driver, instructor for the BMW CCA and a contributor to Ross Bentley’s Speed Secrets Weekly.

#27 ·
How would you like to own an F-150 or SVT Raptor used in the Baseball Hall of Fame parade? Such greats as Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax and Cal Ripken, Jr. rode in the backs of 25 F-150s supplied by the Ford Motor Company. They happen to make good tow vehicles too. Read our latest article:

The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum and the Ford Motor Company Join Forces Around a Parade of F-150s

At autotrackdaymonthly.com - A Track Days Magazine

Also, please support us by taking a brief survey. Your information will remain private and confidential. Just click the link and thank you!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XPMBK5X

#28 ·
Ross Bentley has been very generous with his time and support. He has participated in an interview for two articles and is contributing to our series on driving techniques. Ross has been getting the word out about our magazine and our content and we wanted to get the word out about his upcoming webinar, Inner Speed Secrets. This is a new format for him and it is launching next week on the 14th. The deadline to register is on October 10, 2014, this Friday. We feel this will be a real opportunity for our readers to improve their driving skills and we urge you to sign up. We will be in on the call ourselves!

Read our article about Inner Speed Secrets at:

autotrackdaymonthly.com - TrackCar Tech

Here is what Ross has to say about the webinar:

"The most effective training I've ever done for performance and race drivers is my Inner Speed Secrets program. But previously, I've only delivered it in person which made it unavailable to many drivers. So now I'm doing a webinar version of it. Drivers know the mental game is critical, and yet they rarely have an opportunity to develop that part of their driving performance. Now they do. I'll be doing an Inner Speed Secrets webinar spread over 4 evenings, October 14, 15, 21 and 22, from 8:30-10:00pm Eastern/5:30-7:00pm Pacific - a total of 6 hours of training. Registration is limited - and closes on October 10th. Go to Inner Speed Secrets right now to reserve your spot. It's available at the discounted price of $99 right now - if you miss it, you'll get left behind.”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.