Clubman and two babies? - MINI Cooper Forum

MINIs, Children & Parents MINI as part of your family - For buggy, car seat and other child & baby related topics

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:37 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Clubman and two babies?

We're are about to sell our 2-person BMW cabriolet, as we are in the proces of making a couple of kids. I originally looked at stationcars, but have fallen in love with a Clubman.

However, I can't really figure out of I can fit two small children into it, as it will be our only car, or if its simply overkill to do this. So, any advice, and any other issues I should have in mind?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:37 PM

United Kingdom

Dont do it.
As a father of 2 rug rats, buy a 5 door car. When the kids are old enough to do their own seat belts, coupes are fine. Until then its a royal PITA strapping them in. Sure you can do it. But you could scrape snow off your drive with a spoon. Just there are much better tools for the job.
You could manage easier if its a second car, but as its your only car, the boot is pitifully small. Once the pram is in, theres zero room for shopping - and you will need big boxes of nappies!
Enjoy the special time with your kids while theyre young and come back to Minis when theyre a little older. Otherwise your love affair with Minis will soon turn sour...
My Clubby is a second car and my boys are 6 & 2. The Clubby makes perfect sense for me & I love it, but lets be honest its just not a practical family car
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:13 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:37 AM

Australia

Agree. The babies will fit fine. But the first time you try to lift a sleeping child out of the back of a two door car without waking them will be the day you go shopping for a 5 door car. It's not the children it's all the assorted paraphernalia that comes with them like strollers etc. your back will thank you.
I love my countryman which may not be a " real " mini according to the purists but is the best way I can have my mini dream plus transport my 5yo,7yo, dog and all their cr*p comfortably.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply