MINI Cooper Forum banner

Johnny Dangerously's NY/NE Dawn Patrol: Open 12-6am.

1M views 12K replies 76 participants last post by  yellowmininy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, based on my calculations, there are enough of us early risers or insoMINIacs to justify a new thread. Plus, our beloved moderator, GMINI, is a natural for charter membership.

My thread, my rules! However, my technical ineptitude does not threaten censorship but please try your best. It'll work better this way. I say so.

All are welcome. Requirements are few but there are just some basic guidelines:

* You must be thickskinned and willing to give and take the warped sense of humor so often seen on mini2. On the other hand, meanspritedness is prohibited as is blatant offensive behavior.

* You may post only between the hours of midnight and 6 AM, your local time as noted by mini2 or your own Big Ben.

* Topics are open EXCEPT there will be no discussions of computers or related technologies. This includes software, connectivity, shopping decisions, etc. Discussions re photograhy are OK as long as they do not sound like technological chatter. Keep it to the pictures please.

* Links are discouraged, thumbnails welcome. It's early. Further, if you must post a link, please make sure it is a STILL image that does NOT require sound to be comprehended. Thus, no movies, streaming whatevers. The audio prohibition reasoning should be obvious, the restriction to stills more for early morning ease than my notorious dial-up speed although ............

*Oh and please do not link to other mini2 threads, just mention their titles and leave it to us to get there. Overuse of the Back key is tiring.

* Have fun. Be insightful. Reveal yourselves (don't go where I think you are going, JB). Don't be overly cryptic or critical. And yes, I realize I am starting this thread way past the end time of it. Let this be the last time the rule is broken.

Let the games begin. Other guidelines will be considered if you post them.

See less See more
#10,434 ·
Syracuse beat Wisconsin last night, but only by one point. I have Connecticut to win the womens' brackets also, so hopefully they can do it!

56 now, high of 65 today, and then we'll have rain and temps in the 40s-50s through next week. I'm somewhat relieved. Otherwise it would be a very long, hot summer!

#10,437 ·
51 here, I think it may get up to 65 here, but with rain. I dropped a window too hard yesterday, and popped the glass out of the glazing compound. (One of the few old windows left, that I should have replaced when we redid the laundry room walls.) I'm going to try to fix that today while it's still warm. Then I have a memorial service to go to for my friend's brother. Allan was 9 when I first met him, he became a journalist for Reuters in Vancouver. He died from Burkitt's lymphoma in December at 51. His sister and I have been friends since 1968.

#10,438 ·
50 now, with a high of 56 for today, 39 tomorrow. House inspection is tomorrow. I stayed up way too late last night, past 10 pm even, but we had a good send-off for Allan, with representatives from Toronto and Ottawa who had worked with him at Reuters. Everyone had stories to tell, not to mention the ones that Allan wrote, like one on the Sasquatch convention. :)

#10,444 ·
I dragged my humidifier back out again now that the furnace is back on. 48 this morning, almost twice yesterday's AM temperature, and raining. Back to work today and tomorrow. I found out on Monday that my eyes really hurt when I work 12 hours, but it may be because everything is so bright! I can see my work computer so much better than I did before.

#10,448 ·
33 now, with a high of 43. Got the house inspection verbal report- looking for metal supports in the basement next to aging wood supports. That's reasonable enough, especially considering that could have been a very long list!

Off to a cardiology conference today- it's what I do for entertainment on my day off! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.