MINI Cooper Forum banner

Johnny Dangerously's NY/NE Dawn Patrol: Open 12-6am.

1M views 12K replies 76 participants last post by  yellowmininy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, based on my calculations, there are enough of us early risers or insoMINIacs to justify a new thread. Plus, our beloved moderator, GMINI, is a natural for charter membership.

My thread, my rules! However, my technical ineptitude does not threaten censorship but please try your best. It'll work better this way. I say so.

All are welcome. Requirements are few but there are just some basic guidelines:

* You must be thickskinned and willing to give and take the warped sense of humor so often seen on mini2. On the other hand, meanspritedness is prohibited as is blatant offensive behavior.

* You may post only between the hours of midnight and 6 AM, your local time as noted by mini2 or your own Big Ben.

* Topics are open EXCEPT there will be no discussions of computers or related technologies. This includes software, connectivity, shopping decisions, etc. Discussions re photograhy are OK as long as they do not sound like technological chatter. Keep it to the pictures please.

* Links are discouraged, thumbnails welcome. It's early. Further, if you must post a link, please make sure it is a STILL image that does NOT require sound to be comprehended. Thus, no movies, streaming whatevers. The audio prohibition reasoning should be obvious, the restriction to stills more for early morning ease than my notorious dial-up speed although ............

*Oh and please do not link to other mini2 threads, just mention their titles and leave it to us to get there. Overuse of the Back key is tiring.

* Have fun. Be insightful. Reveal yourselves (don't go where I think you are going, JB). Don't be overly cryptic or critical. And yes, I realize I am starting this thread way past the end time of it. Let this be the last time the rule is broken.

Let the games begin. Other guidelines will be considered if you post them.

See less See more
#5 ·
12.49 a.m. by my watch.
Attended the MINI Western NY meet at Dinosaur BBQ in Rochetser this evening - 12 of us including yellowmininy (thanks to Cathleen for organizing), bagpiper (without his kilt and bagpipes - too cold), cogman.
Great food, great banter, good crowd,

Attachments

#8 ·
tontobird said:
Yes, but he did acknowledge that.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WOW, people were getting together all over MINIDOM to enjoy time with their MINI pals. Fantastic! :D
......not me :( I live only 40 min from the RI run that happened today, AND I COULDN'T GO! :mad: :mad:
Checked in here a few times and it was dead. Then I really felt bad .:eek:

:D

#12 ·
thebigyin said:
12.49 a.m. by my watch.
Attended the MINI Western NY meet at Dinosaur BBQ in Rochetser this evening - 12 of us including yellowmininy (thanks to Cathleen for organizing), bagpiper (without his kilt and bagpipes - too cold), cogman.
Great food, great banter, good crowd,
Sad to say, since TheBigYin took the pictures, we have no pics of him to share with you. It was a great crowd. It's really too bad Bagpiper didn't bring the bagpipes, though he did mention he really wants to go to MOT this year, and I've encouraged him to pre-register soon!

#14 ·
yellowmininy said:
Sad to say, since TheBigYin took the pictures, we have no pics of him to share with you. It was a great crowd. It's really too bad Bagpiper didn't bring the bagpipes, though he did mention he really wants to go to MOT this year, and I've encouraged him to pre-register soon!
Yellowmininy,
Just so that there is a picture of me available, here is a picture taken in a bar in Rio this summer - thebigyin is on the left !
The group were some of my XEROX co-workers in Rio and the bar was called 'Santa Saideira' which basically translates as "Holy one-for-the-road"

Attachments

#17 ·
Finally getting to be winter. This week, our bud, Windshadow, moves from Nantucket to Maine. Moving is a PITA but to do so after so many decades in the same house......

To 'console' him, the slimy finned Cod is venturing over to the island. Probably just wants to see if RL has any homebrew left.

Good luck this week, Windy.

#18 ·
BTW, I will not be a cop here but, other than my initial post starting this thing, we have suffered our first time violation. What should the penalty be? Beers all around....by mail? A charitable donation? Public display in the stocks?

Your pleasure, jury members.

#23 ·
I'm confused. At the moment this seems more like a night-owls thread than a dawn patrol thread. Should this be two threads?

Speaking of threads, JS needs some new ones -- he's looking a tad ratty. Maybe Steve can concoct another "just selling it at cost" t-shirt, or at least 15% of one. Ewww... JS in 15% of a t-shirt. :eek:

That's it. I'm outta here.

#25 ·
That me you callin' ratty, Willis? Just wait until I get you north of the border where the porkypines are big as deer.

Just a dusting of snow up here and who knows what precip to come.
If you plan on MOT 05, do your T&C reservations now and mention MINIs for 04 prices. If you have already reserved, confirm the old price with another call. I blocked as many rooms as they would let me but remember it's the tail end of Bike Week as well.
T-bird, you know anything about Delaware Valley College? In PA?

What were you drinking in Rio, Bigyin? Can't tell from the picture you posted but you did look pleased with whatever it was.

Peace, bro pez, is Susan coming here for the holidays or are you going to OK?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.