Johnny Dangerously's NY/NE Dawn Patrol: Open 12-6am.
So, based on my calculations, there are enough of us early risers or insoMINIacs to justify a new thread. Plus, our beloved moderator, GMINI, is a natural for charter membership.
My thread, my rules! However, my technical ineptitude does not threaten censorship but please try your best. It'll work better this way. I say so.
All are welcome. Requirements are few but there are just some basic guidelines:
* You must be thickskinned and willing to give and take the warped sense of humor so often seen on mini2. On the other hand, meanspritedness is prohibited as is blatant offensive behavior.
* You may post only between the hours of midnight and 6 AM, your local time as noted by mini2 or your own Big Ben.
* Topics are open EXCEPT there will be no discussions of computers or related technologies. This includes software, connectivity, shopping decisions, etc. Discussions re photograhy are OK as long as they do not sound like technological chatter. Keep it to the pictures please.
* Links are discouraged, thumbnails welcome. It's early. Further, if you must post a link, please make sure it is a STILL image that does NOT require sound to be comprehended. Thus, no movies, streaming whatevers. The audio prohibition reasoning should be obvious, the restriction to stills more for early morning ease than my notorious dial-up speed although ............
*Oh and please do not link to other mini2 threads, just mention their titles and leave it to us to get there. Overuse of the Back key is tiring.
* Have fun. Be insightful. Reveal yourselves (don't go where I think you are going, JB). Don't be overly cryptic or critical. And yes, I realize I am starting this thread way past the end time of it. Let this be the last time the rule is broken.
Let the games begin. Other guidelines will be considered if you post them.
Lawdy, Lawdy, the Cross I bear.
Last edited by GMINI; Jan 5th, 2005 at 02:57 PM.
Reason: Local Local Local
I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!! This'll be easy for me, my prime time! Just got back a little while ago from the PhillyMINI Deck the MINIs II run. Nothing like eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with your MINI buds! Motoring like mad, celebrating......just celebrating.
12.49 a.m. by my watch.
Attended the MINI Western NY meet at Dinosaur BBQ in Rochetser this evening - 12 of us including yellowmininy (thanks to Cathleen for organizing), bagpiper (without his kilt and bagpipes - too cold), cogman.
Great food, great banter, good crowd,
Sad to say, since TheBigYin took the pictures, we have no pics of him to share with you. It was a great crowd. It's really too bad Bagpiper didn't bring the bagpipes, though he did mention he really wants to go to MOT this year, and I've encouraged him to pre-register soon!
Just so that there is a picture of me available, here is a picture taken in a bar in Rio this summer - thebigyin is on the left !
The group were some of my XEROX co-workers in Rio and the bar was called 'Santa Saideira' which basically translates as "Holy one-for-the-road"
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.