MINI Cooper Forum banner

Battling with JCW Countryman and JCW Clubman

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Zipy 
#1 ·
Hello you all!
I'm located in Napa and need some help.
I am new here and I saw how much you guys are into helping others .
I just have some questions and I need anyone's advice

I am wanting to buy my first car and my dream is a mini. Battling with JCW clubman or JCW countryman. I want bigger space in the cargo and don't mind if it has 2 or 4 doors because I don't plan to have a lot of passengers with me anyway, but I don't mind the 4 door too. I just want ways practical and has good storage too incase I need to put my luggage in the back.

What is a good investment? I know its a preference. But I heard that countrymen's top is not tall enough compared to clubman ?

I plan to buy by April or May, Is it too early and should I wait for those new versions in 2014?

I can wait If there is newer improved ones coming out too.

Do mini models wear out in time or is it a collector's item where even if my model is from an old year, it will still be good as the new yearly realeased models?

I am sorry if my questions have been answered in another thread or simply dumb questions. I am just very interested in knowing ur opinion and I have no knowledge with Mini cars aside from the fact I have always dreamed of owning one since I was young...

I don't even mind if I get a JCW Coupe, but I feel like I rather get the biggest for more usage and practicality.

I like the fact the clubman has a nice two door in the cargo... I can for bags and stuff. I prefer cargo bigger than a lot of passengers actually.

I don't know if the countryman has the same cargo size and as tall as clubman.

hope you all can give me some advice.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds to me like Mini Countryman is best for you for extra height and cargo space. However the Clubman will give you a more sporting driving experience and more of the legendary Mini handling and go-kart steering feel.

Only the new MINI hatch models will appear in 2014, the Clubman and Countryman are several more years off replacement cycle having been launched much more recently.
Mini's hold their value well even when new models appear and the changes rarely make older models appear dated as MINI styling is fairly timeless, just like the original classic Mini. :)

#4 ·
I had an 07 MC-S and loved it. My friends were suprised when I traded it for a 2011 Countryman S because I really loved and enjoyed the coupe. I didn't realy need the extra room; but, must admit it's come in handy more than once. My wife and I can bring along more clothes and other items on our road trips. I did chip and lower it. My recommendation is go for either the Countryman JCW or the new Paceman, which also comes with the JCW package.
On the subject of collectibles, usually real collectibles are the first year products, like the two I've already mentioned or the very limited edition GP model in the smaller coupe. Mini enthusiasts or newcomers are always looking for a clean well maintained Mini. The manufacturer frequently makes improvements in new models, sometimes removes things which were included in previous packages and makes them stand alone options. If you're in no hurry, go to a Mini Dealer who has the JCW versions of what you think you want and let the seat of your pants decide. Ask about ordering a Mini equipped the way you want it. On line Mini.com you can build it, print it or send it directly to your dealer, then go in and negotiate your best price. They move little on price, if at all, on the JCW models. Try more than one dealer. It really doesn't make much difference where you purchased it when it come to getting it serviced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.