MINI Cooper Forum banner

Powdercoated my JCW R105's - No more black... Wheels

8K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  JaChAsh85 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just had my JCW R105 wheels powder coated. As much as I loved having them black, the plethora of other R56's out there with the same colour roof, bonnet stripes and wheels, LOCALLY, was driving me crazy!

I popped into Goodrims in Crayford, on Friday last week (01/08/14) where Chris & Esther were more than helpful and friendly. Tempted to go for the Diamond cut finish with a coloured insert, they steered me away as they tend to get wrecked easily (any Diamond face wheel owners please feel free to chime in with your thoughts). After contemplating a few other colours I settled for "Dark Anthracite Grey".
Their service was excellent, lending me a set of WRC'esque 17" wheels on 215/40 tyres. The difference in ride quality was immediately noticeable. More comfortable, probably due to the larger side wall profile and wider boot print, but I'll write about that some other time.

Turnaround time was exactly as quoted and their price more than reasonable

Price: £65 + VAT per wheel
Total: £312

The wheels arrived back on wednesday (06/08/14) however, having to work meant I couldn't collect my prizes until today.
After checking them over the finish is incredible and I'm really pleased with the result. All Lacquered perfectly with no bubbling, bumps or mounds.(just need to find some decently priced centre caps. Tempted to opt for a custom set).

So, after I post the pics, if your tempted or fancy a unique look for your wheels give them a call or drop them an e-mail.

Unit 30
Bourne Ind Park
Bourne Road
Crayford
DA1 4BZ

01322 523 005
Info@goodrims.co.uk

Anyway, enough yakking on my part, here are the pics...
Enjoy! ?

See less See more
#20 ·
I considered going for dark silver a few months back but now, after seeing a Chilli Red JCW on BBS LM's (Possibly Rota wheels) with polished Rim and gold centres I'm fixated on Gold!

To get the Gold finish I'm looking for I'll have to Ball polish the wheels and then gold candy clear coat them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.