MINI Cooper Forum banner

Go bold: wide stripes to Mini S

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  xXMiniLoverXx 
#1 ·
My 2005 MCS got striped today. Wanted a little more custom look rather than the OEM ones, so the white portion is 6 1/2 inches wide.From outer edge of red pinstripe to outer edge of other side is 8 inches. Additionally added a a carbon fiber wrap to bonnet scoop, hatch handle and top half of mirrors. >:D

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks man, I can understand it's not everybody's cup of tea, especially the pursuits who dislike customizing anything that's considered a classic. In the past many of my biker buddies grind their teeth seeing me chop and customize my 63 H.D. Panhead. However, I've been an artist my whole life, sometimes working professionally. Ya know the OEM stripes on a Mini are not painted on the vehicle but are themselves decals but I did deviate from standard with mine. I love creating my own look on whatever I drive.ride. I knew nothing about wraps until I checked into adding stripes to Lil Zippy and saw what they good do. All the graphics you see advertising businesses, over here in the US anyway, on vehicles are done using wraps, sometimes covering the entire vehicle. If they should turn out not to be durable, I'll go to the added expense of buying genuine carbon fiber parts, however thought I'd give'em a chance, heck if it turns out you don't like them, you can have them taken off. Please, don't take this as a rant, I just have somewhat of a passion for artistic endeavors. I figured when my post drew no comments most people didn't care for it and I do appreciate your taking the time to comment.

Motor On, Bro

Mike B.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.