MINI Cooper Forum banner

Wing mirror electrics + Lighter connected?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  countryhubby 
#1 ·
Hi

This is my first mini and its a 2003 Mini cooper John Works. The wing mirror electrics are not working and either is the lighter. Any ideas? Not sure if they are connected.

I have checked the fuses inside the car and they seem to be OK for both. Is there a master fuse for power for both of these things or a common problem?

Have to admit I am a bit lost!

Any help appreciated!:smile:

#2 ·
Hi ya

If you are shore the fuses are ok F35 5amp for your mirrors and F32 15amp for your power/lighter socket.

I would think if everything else is working in the car maybe someone has had the centre console apart. May be to change the stereo. I would Pop out the mirror control panel and see if it's connected properly there should be two connectors in there if it's a standard panel
I would think that could be the same for the power socket to.

This link might help if you have to start to pull things apart

http://www.mini2.com/forum/faq.php?faq=faq_interior

Hope this helps

#5 ·
Ok I took up the center console and found firstly that the cig lighter had no wires to it ? There are 4 wires there loose 1 pink,1 red, and 2 green one lighter than the other - should they be connected and which one?

There is also a black part connected to the lighter which looks like it should have a bulb or fuse attached ?

The wing mirrors are still not working - fuses are ok checked the washer jet fuse thanks runflat it was ok.

Checked the mirror control panel the 2 connectors seemed ok there.

Ideas?

There was a wire connection beside the engine fuse box not connected to anything but not sure if that is relevant?

#6 ·
Hi ya

From what I can remember you should have a three wires for the socket one is for the light ring there should be one power and one earth from what I can remember.
The two wires for the cig lighter socket should be in a black connector
What the other is for I don't know. I don't have a wiring diagram I front of me at the moment sorry.

Will try to find something over the next few days when I am home

#8 ·
As the wires for the lighter were disconnected anyway I presume I am right in saying that the mirror problem would be unconnected ?

The wires are connected to that and the fuses seem OK - Is there anyway to test the mirror control unit before replacing it , are these a common fault?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.