MINI Cooper Forum banner

First month with R53 Cooper S

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  marque 
#1 ·
Hello all.

New to the Mini experience and have to say I'm loving it. Reminds me of the MGF I had a few years back. Puts a smile on your face everyday.

Came with new MOT but EML came on, limp mode after 2 days. P0103 when I read the code. Did the usual Web search as you do and go "arrgghhh" but I thought for the low cost I would change the HT Leads (OEM) and Spark Plugs (NGK) then see where I am.

Misfire was coming back only when idling in neutral when engine warm after Spark Plugs change, then did it 3 times after HT Leads. Been fine now for 12 days I think.

Hoping the misfire is gone for good now it's been given a bit of TLC and a balst or two up the motorway.

Loving the car, great solid feel, nice subtle touches. Reminds me of a high spec Honda I had.

I upgraded the shocking speakers and stereo and it now sounds awesome with FLi 180w speakers in front and back, easy to fit as well.

Great car for the money, drinks way to much juice though. It's fast and sounds great MPG/Speed ratio.

Looking forward to a fun summer in it.

Sadly I don't think I will be keeping

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.