MINI Cooper Forum banner

Help! Boot won't latch shut

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ErikR 
#1 ·
Hi all. Just picked up my MCS Convertible after work today. Went for a long drive and when I got home this evening, I opened the boot/trunk and then went to close it and it won't close :( It seems the two latches on each side of the boot won't latch shut. Took the rear panel out and poked around to no avail. Disconnected the battery and waited a bit and still it won't latch shut.

Any quick fixes for this? Thanks!

Real bummer to have to bring the car back to the dealership on the second day of ownership :mad:

#3 ·
Is this still happening!

Our Cabrio was one of the first on the road in the UK. Early July last year and almost immediately we found we had to slam the boot lid to get it to latch, also the doors seemed to loose their alignment but still shut OK. Back to the dealers within the first week for the adjustments to be made and fortunately no re occurrence. Hope you guys over there have the new roofs, we had a bit of a saga getting a complete new redesigned roof fitted but glad its done now! She'll be a year old in a couple of weeks but still looks brand new!

Best regards

Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.