MINI Cooper Forum banner

automatic transmission fix

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MiniToBe 
#1 ·
So back story to this I bought a salvage 2007 r56 base for my wife fixed it up (front end damage) looks brand new. But the other day she was driving to work and it didnt go into drive after being stoped at light. With 92000 miles that would be surprising for a transmission to go out. Well I get it home and drain the fluid preparing for the worst. I decide to just try and flush the fluid and go from there. Well I got some toyota fluid filled it back up and it works perfect, better than ever. By the way I know most people buy that vw fill tool... I didnt want to wait so I made one out of some random brake line and a m10-1 adaptor cut and bent the line worked like a charm for all of 5 bucks. So for anyone who has a similar problem I hope this helps.

#3 ·
I have a 2007 mini hatch R56 model. I am currently using the fill plug located on top of motor, r55 torque head will remove the fill plug. Removing the air intake box is necessary for acesss and the coolant reservoir (loosen and move to the side). The fluid is pumped in slowly. It took about 15 minutes to pump in one qt.

#4 ·
If you remove the air filter, there should be a plug at the same level as the power steering motor. It is tight in there. In the base model that I have (2013), it usesa T55. Mine mini did the same of not engaging into gears. I added 5 qt amd still not engaging. I will add more over the weekend and I might try to drain it first. The car was flooded with no more the 3k original miles. Drove perfect minus this issue and abs lights are still on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.