My car is back in my posession. It is so much better now. Here's what's resolved:
1. Groaning and other assorted noises (noted by the SA and the Tech) all gone. A PUMA case had to be opened on the clutch/fly wheel. When they removed the transmission - they noted on my work order that the flywheel was failing. Clutch is once again smooth as silk, no crazy noises (totally silent) and no odd noises from the gearbox.
2. Headlight washers - fault caused by faulty or lack of PDI by selling dealer (TATE). When a car comes in there are fuses that are removed for the headlight washers - they need to be re-inserted in order for the washers to work with the Xenon headlamps.
3. Buckled Cooper S emblem passenger side - replaced.
4. Additional problem noted by the SA - headlights adjusted way too low - SA took the car home for an extended test drive to ensure the groaning, moaning and general griping and complaining from the transmission were banished. On his evening drive home he noted that the bi-xenon lights seemed to be dipped extremely low. On investigation - the Towson tech found the lights were adjusted 1" too low. That seems awfully excessive to me - and also a lack of PDI by the port or the selling dealer (Tate). I'l test the lights out tonight but I'm sure they'll be fine.
5. HVAC controls - part on backorder so I'll have to deal with the sticking automatic fan controls.
6. Altenator campaign work - evidently there is a maintenance campaign out there for an alternator connector - Towson also performed that campaign work.
So kudos to my SA Philippe and the team at Towson - they do first rate work and represent everything a MINI repair experience should be!!!
Kaptain Krutaroo - Kurt Collins - Washington, DC
#8 2009 MINI JCW CR/B
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.