MINI Cooper Forum banner

Engine warning light & reduced engine power

241K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  pierrepont.henson 
#1 ·
My R56 Cooper S's yellow engine warning light came on before Christmas.

I booked it into my local dealership, Snows in Portsmouth, for 2nd Jan and the light was still on as I pulled into the car park. By the time they took it into the workshop the light had gone out (despite being on for 10 days beforehand!) and they said they couldn't find anything wrong.

Since then, the warning light has stayed off, but on at least two occasions over the last few days the car has suffered from reduced performance and it feels like the turbo isn't working at all. :(

The car is booked in for next week but if no warning light comes on, they will probably say there is no problem again.

The garage have refused to give me a courtesy car unless they can come upwith a definitive diagnosis of the probem but have warned me not to drive it too far. Shame I've got a 250 mile round trip coming up shortly!

Has anyone else had this reduced power issue?

#32 ·
Did anybody find a cure for the idle issue in traffic,as my 07 cooper s has had a few issues where the revs die down which triggers the eml and limp mode,if you turn it off and back on it goes back to normal.it did it to the point of nearly stalling this last time and put the eml light on the centre console that stayed on after resetting the car - I had it read and its fault 2880 high pressure fault,I'm thinking it relates to the fuel pump but am wondering whether to try redex fuel cleaners etc before replacing the fuel pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.