I thought I would take the liberty of starting a new thread for the 'Cold Start Noise' issue.
It should only have brief and precise details dates and figures, regarding your car and the noise issue.
Please no chat or banter, (we have two other threads for this) The original Cold Start Noise thread, I feel is now just going around in circles, with people having to argue points that have previously been exhausted, But not all people want to read nearly 80 pages of chat and worry etc. (although maybe they should)
Some of the criteria that has been put forward already, are as follows:-
1. Does your car suffer from the cold start rattle? Y/N
2. Model/Year of Manufacture?
3. Has your car been back to Mini for any remedial work? Y/N
4. What work was carried out? How many times?
5. If remedial work has been carried out.....has the cold start rattle returned?
6. Are you willing to join and go forward with a group action plan in the future? Y/N
This thread will have to strictly comply with this information, without posters straying off topic.....that way we can easily compile a true list of those experiencing the problem.
But.. If you feel some other criteria should be included feel free to comment!
If you haven't had the noise your details are just as important!
Group action would involve aproaching BMW as a concerned owners petition.
Obviously everybody who says 'yes' to an action plan, will be invited to examine more detail on this startegy, as well as share ideas and also opt out if necessary.
Last edited by Bluebabe; Feb 6th, 2009 at 09:05 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluebabe For This Useful Post:
3. going in on 23rd feb - Update : Noise heard problem acknowledged. Parts on back order. Expect to be called for an appointment to replace tensioner etc in a couple of weeks
Update 21 March : Parts arrived, car booked in for 6th April. Parts to be replaced are tensioner, guide and chain.
UPDATE 24th April - Parts replaced so far all is well and the noise has not re-appeared.
UPDATE 22ND JUNE 09 - Going back to the dealer on Wed 24th - noise back but now a different 'noise'
Last edited by peter1201; Jun 22nd, 2009 at 06:46 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter1201 For This Useful Post:
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.