post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

United-Kingdom Front plastic wheel arch removal

Hey there all, just managed to scuff the front plastic wheel arch on the 2009 coopers s, looks simple to remove, well, looks like u just pull it, but would like to be more sure first before i try. Been quoted about £34 from local dealer to supply the arch. Can anyone help. Thanks in advance guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2009, 10:04 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View adam_Randell's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Profile View adam_Randell's Classified Ads

Send a message via MSN to adam_Randell
£34!!? mine were £30 for 2!

right, first you need to get the felt lining out slightly where the arch trim meets the bumper. (only enough to get your hand in) there is a little clip there which connects the arch to the bumper (its the same sort of clip tha holds your front grill on).

once youve got this out there is another clip to get off but i dont know how to get it off and cant really see any need for it (obviously there will be but ive driven my R56 cooper round for over 2 years without it with no problems). so i just plled mine off. you will also need about 8 replacement clips for each side. these are about 2p each from a dealer.

to get the old clips from the body work, get a med-sized flat head screwdriver and a hammer, place the screwdriver between the clip and bodywork and give it a bash (thats how i did mine anyways, done it quite alot due to getting my bumper off....quite a lot )

hope this helps, someone may come with a better way that just the way i do mine

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Thanks for that, gonna have to bite the bullet and give it a go!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.