MINI Cooper Forum banner

Code 2ee5

60K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  queenscastl 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

The tumbler (name for my car) had a problem starting up recently, whereby the engine took longer to start up rather than firing on the spot. I had a look on here, in which I originally thought it might have been a fuel pressure pump. Lo and behold, it wasn't! My go-to mechanic plugged his scanner into the car and found a code: 2EE5, something to do with the thermostat. He reset the system twice and now the code doesn't come up; however, I'd like to know more information about this as it might be something I'll need to get my mechanic to change.

Anyone have any ideas what the code stands for?

#9 ·
ideal same old game finding the process to find what is missing is all it ever is lol

#10 ·
Hi guys, we recently bought Mini 2012 and after the service and driven one day, the engine light start apearing in yellow/orange (not red). Called AA guy, after he pluged his computer he cleared it but he got the below report. Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 1LC / Motronic ME 17 Status :2EE5 - Map-controlled cooling thermostat. Error Message : Open circuit. Error present.Patrol tested or actuated the following component/s:Radiator fanElectric coolant pump AA mechanic asked me to replace the thermostat and this would be solved. I haven't done that yet. After 2 days the lights came on again. I also notice some coolent water leaking from a small gap (probaly a sensor) just on the left hand side of the coolent level container. This is between the engine and the voolent container. By reading all the tips I am not sure if changing the thermo stat would work. I do not have a reliable mechanic/garage near by and confused where to take the car to sort this out. Any advice is really apprecited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.