MINI Cooper Forum banner

the 'beloved' timing chain failure

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Guitarmaker 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2007 R56 Cooper D which has undoubtedly the timing chain noise coming up. Car is out of warranty and therefore, I might have to end up paying for all the required repairs. Now, as we all know, this is a VERY VERY common issue, and keeping in mind my car has only 32k miles on the clock, it's rather frustrating. How did you all 'fight the fight' outside warranty? I need to know maybe I can get my dealership to fix it. Note that the car was bought from UK and now she's in Malta.

Thanks all!

#2 ·
Hi, I have a 2010 clubman S chilli and recently had the super knock major malfunction, as the warranty is 6 months expired, Mini paid for the parts $1800 and I had to pay for the labour costs of $1600. its been about 3 weeks since the repair and the car is undrivable again and has to go in to be repaired again. My car is in Australia - Good Luck

#4 ·
Different story

Mine had rattle on start up, I had it looked at under used car warranty. They said they'd look at it in the morning, and had replaced the cam chain tensioner (usually the cause of the problem) in an hour or so. What did your dealer do? How bad was the problem? Sounds like they charged you for much more work than they did on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.