MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 06:39 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Malta

the 'beloved' timing chain failure

Hi all,

I have a 2007 R56 Cooper D which has undoubtedly the timing chain noise coming up. Car is out of warranty and therefore, I might have to end up paying for all the required repairs. Now, as we all know, this is a VERY VERY common issue, and keeping in mind my car has only 32k miles on the clock, it's rather frustrating. How did you all 'fight the fight' outside warranty? I need to know maybe I can get my dealership to fix it. Note that the car was bought from UK and now she's in Malta.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2014, 04:51 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:39 PM

Australia

Hi, I have a 2010 clubman S chilli and recently had the super knock major malfunction, as the warranty is 6 months expired, Mini paid for the parts $1800 and I had to pay for the labour costs of $1600. its been about 3 weeks since the repair and the car is undrivable again and has to go in to be repaired again. My car is in Australia - Good Luck
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2014, 11:50 AM
MINI2 Senior

Local Time: 06:39 AM

Luxembourg Male

The diesel engine variants aren't know to have timing chain issues. Suspect you have another problem.

If you describe it better, it would be easier to pinpoint the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyvrid View Post
Hi all,

I have a 2007 R56 Cooper D which has undoubtedly the timing chain noise coming up. Car is out of warranty and therefore, I might have to end up paying for all the required repairs. Now, as we all know, this is a VERY VERY common issue, and keeping in mind my car has only 32k miles on the clock, it's rather frustrating. How did you all 'fight the fight' outside warranty? I need to know maybe I can get my dealership to fix it. Note that the car was bought from UK and now she's in Malta.

Thanks all!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Guitarmaker

Local Time: 05:39 AM

United Kingdom Male

Different story

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyOZ View Post
Hi, I have a 2010 clubman S chilli and recently had the super knock major malfunction, as the warranty is 6 months expired, Mini paid for the parts $1800 and I had to pay for the labour costs of $1600. its been about 3 weeks since the repair and the car is undrivable again and has to go in to be repaired again. My car is in Australia - Good Luck
Mine had rattle on start up, I had it looked at under used car warranty. They said they'd look at it in the morning, and had replaced the cam chain tensioner (usually the cause of the problem) in an hour or so. What did your dealer do? How bad was the problem? Sounds like they charged you for much more work than they did on mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.