MINI Cooper Forum banner

Automatic stop start issues!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ideal_leigh 
#1 ·
How do,
I've got an on going issue with my 2008 mini cooper. i recently been having a few issues with my automatic stop/start feature. Once i have stopped and the stop/start feature has kicked in, it was taking my cars stop/start about 4 seconds to turn back on (compared to the usual instant start up). Then usually the next day my check engine light come on in amber.
Now i have been to my mechanic and he has changed the timing change and cam allighment (the fault that came over form the diagnostic machine from the check engine light) but the problem still persisted, i then changed the inlet cam shaft sensor thinking its that, but still having the issues of a slow starting stop/start feature follow but the check engine light any help please.

also FYI been driving at winter with lights and heating on has its dark in mornings and night, and temperature has not been an issue with my stop/start

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.