MINI Cooper Forum banner

Hatchback opening issues

888 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SteveM3 
#1 ·
Hey guys

New mini owner here. 2010 cooper s Just got the car this weekend and Im having an issue. I want to see if its supposed to be this way or not. Since there is no internal trunk opening latch the only way to do it is through the FOB correct?

Heres the issue...... If the FOB is inserted into the ignition and the car is UNLOCKED I cannot open the trunk from the outside. So basically if i drop my kid off somewhere and he needs to grab something out of the trunk we have to shut off the car and pop the trunk through the fob, he just cant pop the trunk and get his stuff. Should the trunk be able to be opened if the car is unlocked?

Is it supposed to be that way or do I need to have the dealer address this?

Sorry, I think i confused even myself explaining that, but hopefully you get the point :)

#2 ·
Hi
I have a couple of r53' minis so not as new as yours but that doesn't sound right at all!
Once the car is unlocked, it's unlocked so acces to the trunk shouldn't be an issue. At least it isn't mine!
Again not sure if it's the same but there is a boot release under the back seat on the r53, bit of a pain to have to get to it all the time but Good for emergencies:)

#3 ·
Hey guys

New mini owner here. 2010 cooper s Just got the car this weekend and Im having an issue. I want to see if its supposed to be this way or not. Since there is no internal trunk opening latch the only way to do it is through the FOB correct?
Feel under the lifting lip of the rear hatch and there is a soft section (probably centre but I can't remember) Press this section and the boot opens. In your case your kids can do this. If nothing happens then it is broke. As far as I could tell this is a micro switch under the rubber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.