MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini One 2007 stalling issues

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  catsarse 
#1 ·
I've had my car for a few years now and it's recently started playing up. It has the automatic start stop feature, which works when you have both the handbrake on and the car out of gear.

Recently the engine's been cutting out whenever I use the brakes, and the revs just drop to 0. It also revs itself when idling as soon as I start the car.
Its also started juddering as if it's in too high a gear no matter what gear I'm in. I've had a read around the forums, and i've found a thread on what seems similar to what I'm experiencing but much much worse, it's a post about the engine idling at around 800, dropping to ~500rpm and jumping up to ~1200 and back to 800 when the ECU picks up on the low revs. For me, it's not just a case of dropping revs, and climbing again it's as if the ECU doesn't even pick up on the fact that there's low revs, the engine just cuts out.

#4 · (Edited)
07 cooper starts runs 10 sec then hunts and dies

hi i have a 2007 cooper auto, it starts fine and runs for about ten seconds the starts to hunt and eventually cuts out at stand still.(it can be kept running by keeping the revs up)
you can drive the car for about 100 yards then engine power dies off and you have to restart once again the same thing will happen after another 100 yards.
it also has a vanos fault inlet adaption stop ( timing is spot on and engine runs perfect for them initial ten seconds)
can you please give me an idea whats wrong.
many thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.