MINI Cooper Forum banner

Ipod control from headunit

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RedLyl 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got a 2009 Cooper Cabrio with Radio Boost CD and USB & Aux-in jack ports under the toggle switches, and have tried to connect either one of 2 ipods with very little success. Can any one offer any advice please, do I need to get some kind of special cable to control the devices from the head unit rather than the ipod and charge at the same time?

Ipod 1 is a 2nd gen nano (wheel version) which appears to charge but only plays tracks in some kind of random order and doesn't allow me to select albums etc.

Ipod 2 is a 6th gen nano (touchscreen version) which appears not to be recognised at all, either to play music or charge the device.

Real-life comment from anyone with either of these models working with my kind of stereo greatly appreciated!

(And yes I know I can connect them up just using the Aux-in to headphone socket connection but would really like to get proper control on the dash.)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks - Yeah I've got a USB drive too which works fine but wanted to use the ipod to easily listen to podcasts in particular (+ some DRM material from itunes).

Hopefully someone who actually has said cable will be able to confirm whether it definitely does charging and full control of ipod or just audio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.