MINI Cooper Forum banner

steering wheel controls

23K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Angib 
#1 ·
just bought my first mini cooper,on the left of the steering wheel there is a button with a phone on it and a button with a person speaking are these conrtols for a hands free phone if so how do you set it up tried turning on my bluetooth on my phone to see if it is picked up by vehicle but it is,nt.also service light is on despite only 2000 miles since last service,date and time are set correctly on vehicle ,any help from fellow mini owners would be much appreciated:):D

#2 ·
The one with the phone is for the bluetooth phone controls, the other one is for the voice commands, I have that on mine, if you press it you can speak commands like change the radion station and other such clever stuff.

I think the bluetooth in the Mini is on all the time, if you switch yours on on your phone and search it should come up with Mini, but only if you have Bluetooth, was the Steering Wheel and original fitment or has someone replaced it.

The service light could be for a number of things, I have recently had my oil and brake fluid changed and it is now saying 3500 miles until the brake pads have to be checked. Wonder if that it to get you through your TLC quicker.

#3 ·
The phone button (and the voice control button above it) is fitted to all multi-function steering wheels, whether or not the car has Bluetooth (or voice control) - so having the button doesn't mean Bluetooth is fitted.

My previous car was ordered with MFSW but no Bluetooth and came with the phone button that did nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.