MINI Cooper Forum banner

Semi-Integrated Sat Nav Question

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SteveM3 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've just recently purchased a second-hand Mini Clubman and am looking for some information/advice.

My initial drive home involved the typical sat nav stuck to the middle of the windscreen and plugged into the cigarette lighter - which is less than ideal.

I'm looking into possibly having the semi-integrated sat-nav option fitted but had some questions that people might be able to answer for me.

If I've read up in the accessory correctly, the sat-nav provided is effectively a re-branded Garmin Nuvi 2240?

If that's the case, then Mini are wanting to charge something close to £200 for a sat-nav that's effectively discontinued with the last few being sold elsewhere for around the £70 mark.

The question is.... is the semi-integrated nav mount restricted to this and ONLY this model of sat-nav, or can a newer one (from same manufacturer) be used instead?

#2 ·
Looks as if the mount just uses the Garmin ball mount which looking at the Garmin website is still in use. I think the part number is 65902218327. There is a bracket 65902348477 for the wider Garmin XL but it looks to be a flat surface so I don't know why that would be needed. So in summary I can see no reason why you can't buy the mount and add any Garmin you fancy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.