MINI Cooper Forum banner

R56 Aux input volume???????

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dermottdog 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just after some advice on the Aux input on my R56 - (no USB connector)

The volume level compared to that of the CD (Radio Boost version) is very low - head unit volume needs cranking right up. Have increased the volume of all tracks on my ipod through iTunes with no great success can anyone suggest anything I can try to improve this with the set up I have now? I have the most basic sound system in the car.

Thanks

#2 ·
Sounds like a stupid suggestion but have you made sure the iPod is fully turned up?

I know there is a safety limiter on most Apple devices which keeps the audio output at a 'safe' listening level to prevent damage to hearing through headphones - Double check this limiter is not hindering your max output volume.

#3 ·
Hi thanks for your reply not a stupid question because until I bought the car and was dissappinted with the sound I didn't know you could bypass that feature but yes it's been bypassed. I've read around it and it seems it's to do with voltage of the output at the jack end which is compromised in these type devices to prolong battery life so it looks like a line out from the other end of the iPod may be the only option. I did read you can find a feature on the car stereo somewhere to alter aux volume preset levels but I'm yet to see if it can be done on an R56 boost. Something about pressing the fourth radio station selector button along once in aux mode ???????? Not sure if anyone has heard of this and can say if it works??

#5 ·
I have the boost CD with USB but I'm sure it will be the same. I pressed MENU, selected AUX and the volume screen came up. I then pressed the button above the screen and saw that the volume was set at 1. I then adjusted it to suit. I did it without the engine running but with ignition on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.