MINI Cooper Forum banner

Start/Stop engine button illuminated when car is locked

20K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JoelM 
#1 ·
Only noticed this tonight but when I lock my car, (immobiliser and alarm enabled) all lights go off except for the usual heartbeat red LED however the Start/Stop engine button is also still illuminated.

I thought this was slightly odd and I haven't really noticed it before...

After 15 minutes once the heartbeat LED has settled on to its normal single LED flash cycle the illuminated Start/Stop engine button then goes out until the car is next unlocked.

My car does not have comfort access as far as I am aware - I have tried to start the car without key in ignition and nothing happens.

Any ideas? Is this normal?

#6 ·
Weird that is! I never noticed it until last night, just thought it was odd because when the car is locked from the outside then the driver clearly has no intention of turning the car on...

Glad to know that it is the same on everyone else' Mini too, thanks for checking :)

#10 ·
Quite normal on a lot of cars of different brands for switches etc to stay illuminated for a while . When you switch of the car and lock it it doesn't all switch off immediately. Certain control units stay awake for a period of time and will go to sleep at there pre determined time .
Try this, you will need a quiet place , switch the car off lock it whilst your in it ,( don't move about ) and listen carefully you will hear things running in the background and eventually all will go quiet as the cars control units go too sleep .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.