MINI Cooper Forum banner

Need help with heated seats into an MJ

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  The Nun 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I swapped a set of 07 or 08 heated Mini seats into my 90' Jeep Comanche. Then I did a full power optioned 97+ swap on the truck so I've now got all the good stuff, HO motor, auto trans, and a nice looking interior.

I'm looking to now wire up the heated seats, but I'm not sure how they work. From the factory, in a Mini, how did the switch function? One push for low, push again for high? Or was it a butt, then a butt and back option?

I'm looking for the wiring diagrams for the seats as well. Wire colors and stuff. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The MINI heated seat which has 3 modes and the seat cushion heater and backrest heater work with all the settings.
Push 1st time On and Low heat
Push 2nd time Medium heat
Push 3rd time High heat
Hold button to switch off

From the manual:
Switching on
Press once for each temperature level.
Three LEDs indicate the highest temperature.
If you continue driving within the next
15 minutes, the seat heating is automatically
activated at the previously set temperature.
The temperature is lowered or the heating is
switched off entirely to reduce the drain on the
battery.
The LEDs stay lit.
Switching off
Press button longer

#4 ·
Everything on the MINI is controlled by the computer as far as I know, everything has to be coded through that or the MINI systems do a wobbly.
If you have the seats out of a MINI to put into your non MINI vehicle then I would think it would be straight forwards just to wire the heaters directly through a switched relay in the old fashioned way, unless of course you need the seat side airbag function to work as well, then it would become more complicated?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.