MINI Cooper Forum banner

Switch on rear window demister - radio signal stops

11K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  XanderSue 
#1 ·
When I switch on the rear window demister the radio signal stops.
Once the relay kicks in to turn on the rear demister, I lose the signal on both DAB and FM. The 'no signal' message appears on the centre console.
Not poor signal as have tested several times, with engine running and not running.
Any ideas anyone?

#2 ·
More information would be good. What version of Mini and what age, how long have you owned it. Has it always been like this or just started? Is it OEM stereo, e.g. Boost, or after market. Most (possibly all) Mini's have aerial diversity which uses the heater elements as a second aerial.

#4 ·
Hi,

I had this problem in my car, the mini uses an amplified system and part of this is the elements in the rear window that it uses for demisting.

I turned out I had a few tracks worn out so it wasn't completing the circuit. New rear window fixed the problem.

It could also be the amplifiers which are inside the boot hatch, if you search online there is a guide on how to test them.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.