MINI Cooper Forum banner

2012 R56 Radio Display Issues

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LAnn 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just this morning, my radio display went wacko when I started my 2012 MINI Hardtop. I just use Satellite radio, but also checked the broadcasted stations (tuner) as well. First, all the stations had little lines under them on the display. Then the station #s disappeared. Then the lines quickly switched over to all ?s. Then nothing.

The radio still works, I just can't tell what station is playing. I'm relying on memory for now, which is a bit frustrating. I'm considering making a template to overlay temporarily...at least I'll have some idea which buttons lead to what function.

My MINI is garage kept and it was 50 degrees F this morning, so I doubt weather is the issue.

Checked through some of the previous threads but did not find a clear resolution. Any ideas? Do I need a need a new radio or can this one be reprogrammed? I bought a 2004 and never had any issues related to the radio...sold the '04 in 2015. Then in 2015, I bought the 2012 used and have 1 year left on the warranty. I'd still have to pay the $50 deductible, though :(

Thanks,
Jo

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.