MINI Cooper Forum banner

R57...when???

35K views 211 replies 50 participants last post by  dalboyne 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when the UK will get the R57?

#118 ·
Thanks for the photos - are these the first with the top down?

I suppose this is a standard Cooper, I wonder what other roof colours they might have in mind?

Are those standard wheels? I think I'd like to see the Sidewalk wheels carried onto the new model as a cabrio special.

The new design will give MUCH better rear visibility with top up or down, though I guess the rear 3/4 visibility will be as restricting as the current model (the Park Distance Control sensors seem much more obvious than on my car?)

I think the hinges are about the same size, just the masking tape makes them look bigger?

And why mask the MINI badge on the bonnet????

Here's hoping for more pictures in the coming weeks - I hate the idea of speccing my new car without much idea what I'm getting :eek:

Anyone got any more info on actual deliveries? I really hope that we'll come to MU 2009 in the new model.........

Ian

#133 ·
Images of the R57 MINI Convertible, scheduled to debut this winter at the Detroit Auto Show, have surfaced thanks to a tipster. While there aren’t many surprises in these photos thanks previous information we’ve reported, there are a couple of new items shown. For one it looks as if MINI is adding a black trip options on the headlights and on the belt-line trim that has been traditionally chrome.
Now MINI are offering de-chroming?! What is the world coming to! :p

New Color choices
As seen above are the new two colors exclusive for the R57, Interchange Yellow and Horizon Blue (similar to the much loved Space Blue). Also seen above for the first time is the Hot Chocolate canvass top..
I reallly hope they do Hot Choc on the body :cool: Loving the look of the Hot Choc roof though, especially with Pepper White!! :cool:

The Roll-bar Goes Away
The R57’s top design will be a slightly updated version of the current R52 convertible with a larger glass rear window. Also making it’s debut is a pop-up roll-bar system that will take the place of the current vision robbing set-up. The system will be similar to the one found in the 1 and 3 Series BMWs.
Does this mean better visibility with the top up?!

Always Open Gauge
Also seen for the time above (and unique to the convertible) will be an “always open” guage which will measure the percentage of miles driven with the top open. The idea is that it will encourage owners to live the “always open” lifestyle MINI marketing has created for this car. The gauge will be located to the side of the rev-counter.
Are they really going to have this? :eek: Bit of a gimmick but still..:p

JCW for the R57
The R57 convertible will be available as a factory JCW from day one. It will also be available with the dealer installed JCW engine kit.
Ok, I REALLY didnt want to read that bit :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Time-frame
As previously reported the R57 will go on-sale in Spring of 2009. We’ve heard an exact time-line of March but that could always slip a week or two. Expect the launch to happen worldwide with the Cooper, Cooper S and JCW models to eventually follow.
Not long now!

#135 ·
r57 Pictures, pre-debut shots

New debut pics available from Motorfile on the r57. Nice to finally see what it looks like. The blue with chocolate brown roof is previewed. You can also see what it looks like with the new roll bar. Also shows the dash display lamp that I think measures your "topless time" or "down time" ... see more HERE.

Being patient is going to be very tough!

#138 ·
Awesome rakey thanks. I got to where I was always looking here in the convertible forum for any news on the r57. So, Naturally, I posted here. I am hopping over to the future variants now.

I think they did some major changes to the boot. The top lies flatter it seems and the top of the boot can be lifted, but how much verticle does it give you. Lots of questions...

#146 ·
spoke to my dealer again today he was calling me to see if i had seen the shots on sky motoring, apparently he had a call from mini today to say unofficially they are to b the promo shots (like we didnt all already know) he also mentioned that there should b a D either at launch or very soon after (for those of you interested in that) and also said it was originally going to preview at the Paris motorshow but that has been put back which means that could either mean they will do it at Detroit or might suprise us sooner (thats my guess neway) dont know if theres a motor show between now and then but heres hoping lol. He said most recent date he has heard is April

#153 ·
Stopped by PentagonCarSales Friday... Now he tells me that I'll be looking at Midnight Black and Horizon Blue as the two new colors. I asked about Interchange yellow, but he didn't have info about that. Strange...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.