MINI Cooper Forum banner

R57...when???

35K views 211 replies 50 participants last post by  dalboyne 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when the UK will get the R57?

#190 ·
I love the Interchange Yellow as shown on the official site. The Mini is a colourful vibrant car so it needs a choice of more vibrant colours.

This post has been deleted
#199 ·
Thanks, oxybluecoop!

I especially like the bit in the Motoringfile article that says:

"After the roof has opened, it folds down snugly into the rear end of the car. The precise folding pattern efficiently removes any moisture and avoids any pressure spots or friction which might otherwise cause excessive wear or discoloration of the material."

Now then - has anyone got any idea why they might be emphasising a design that avoids excessive wear or discoloration? (Owners of previous model MINI convertibles are not invited to reply!!!!!!)

#200 ·
oh a quizz??????
As long as it solves the problem :D
Had a long chat with my dealer today,,,all UK dealerships have been told to do an event on the 28th March.....
Not sure when the first customer car will be off the lorry though :(
April most likey.............he will have to get me out of the demonstrator!!!

#201 ·
But did you get the right answer??? ;)

28th March here too...and first cars could be handed over that day maybe

We had a good try out in a Clubby today - including the ultimate test (Ikea :D). The other half is definitely warming to the idea of us being a 2-MINI family - maybe even arrange delivery of both new cars on same day :D. But then we'd have a real problem - which to bring to MU 2009? :eek:

#203 ·
Where will R57 Launch?

Just seen this report on the Detroit Motor Show (from Autocar):

"January’s Detroit motor show looks on shaky ground as many global manufacturers withdraw and others cancel launches and press conferences.

Ferrari, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Land Rover, Nissan, Infiniti, Mitsubishi and Suzuki have all pulled out of the North America’s flagship motor show.

Honda has cancelled its press conference and postponed the launch of the Honda NSX, which was going to be at the show, reportedly because bosses don’t believe Detroit will offer adequate coverage.

A production version of the Honda Insight has also been pulled from the show and will now make its debut at Geneva.

Chinese manufacturers, who are usually confined to the basement level in Detroit, will make up the numbers. They’re being ramped up to the main show floor to fill the vacant stands. Both BYD and Brilliance will get prime positions.

It all stands in stark contrast to the usually brash and expensive launches staged at Detroit by America’s Big Three and other global manufacturers"

So, where do we stand with BMW and the R57 launch, I wonder?

#207 ·
Yep - we've depositted! Build spec goes in on Wed 3 Dec (first day dealers can factory spec) - dealer launch Saturday 28 March 09, and expecting to see our Cooper S Convert early April. Going for PW with brown hood - as long as spec builder allows us! Chili Pack, Lounge leather interior, black bonnet stripes and spotlamps.
The new Black Bullet wheels are a must have!
G

#212 ·
R57 Configurator Online

I have had a play with the configurator )on the MINI.co.uk website) and I notivce that many of the options have seen price increases (£10 here and there) since I used it to spec a Clubman (last week). So, for instance, white indicators are now £60, they were £50.

If you add an extra £10 for each option, that quickly adds up :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.