MINI Cooper Forum banner

My first(ish) mini 2011 Cooper D

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
This weekend I bought my first mini, it's the first mini I'd been in since the classic mini of the 80's /90's (well that's the years I was in one anyhow). It's a pepper white 2011 Cooper D, chili pack etc with full mini service history.

I've got s few questions anyway:

1. To get the roof down I need to push and hold the button on the roof (just above rear view mirror), is this right or is something up?

2. Cruise control I noticed this morning doesn't switch off when I depress the clutch or brake (though the car does slow down bizarrely) in fact to get the cruise light off I need to press and hold the I/O button.

3. Though serviced last month (March) the oil on the dipstick is black already. BMW who last serviced it informed me this is normal but I'm not convinced.

4. I had to have the battery changed on day 2 of ownership as it kept popping the light up, I had it professionally fitted so the car didn't 'fry' it's own battery via diagnostics and ecu or something (I wasn't properly listening tbh), either way it cost nearly £200.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.