MINI Cooper Forum banner

New MINI Cooper S Owners Roll Call.....

243K views 726 replies 306 participants last post by  dsheldrick 
#1 ·
Another roll call thread...

All the lucky people who've already got their hands on your new MINI Cooper S, please say hello, tell us about your new car, and if you're feeling generous post some pics and driving impressions for the rest of us!

:)

#65 ·
So for all the New R56 owners I just wondered if there is any thing that bothers you about your new cars for me it has to be:

When it has been driving the plastic gullies around the roof fill up with water and as u open the door as the water rolls of the roof over the plastic gullies and because its full drips all over my new interior happened twice now was very unimpressed.

Second problem is the awful sun visors theres a huge gap in the corner and it seems like thats the only place the sun ever is. I am sure the gap is worse than on the old minis.

Thats the only things I have really picked up on at the moment but apart from those minor things what a car just look forward to what ever journey i can make in it

#67 ·
Just got ours today... MCS in laser blue....

The only things I don't like ( Besides the dealer ) are ; ( some maybe fixed when I read the manual )

Radio volume knob
Auto lights come on too soon
Sports option won't stay on
The fact we didn't order the chrome interior
Auto-wipers need to reset each time

But am happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#75 ·
Go on then! :D These are the last though, it's got brass monkey freezing out there now!

So far I've got about 28mpg from ~50 miles. It was about 17mpg (!) but I took a spin out to Westerham last night and now it's getting better.

Attachments

#81 · (Edited)
got my mini cooper s :) it's amazing. the quality of the interior is really good, better than in the pics. the engine is also very nippy but can't be heard in low revs. does sound good in higher revs. the bass of the hifi upgrade is also very good, better than i thought it would be. sat nav and voice control are also great and look cool! it's an all astro black :)

#82 ·
May I introduce Zippy, my very first MCS!!!! :biggrin:

Picked the car up Nov 23rd (with big grin on face). Car feels very solid, very impressed with power delivery over my old MC, interior trim is of good quality including the switches over-head, mood lighting is fab. Only had a couple of niggles ie needed replacement front bumper due to paint flaw and my windscreen refitting (very noisy). With the lack of my storage pack, I've bought an R56 armrest which has a cubby hole for storage, only wish I'd gone for chrome line interior to add a bit of sparkle - never mind - do you think it may be a retrofit option?

Finally took some pics on a sunny day to show off Zippy at his best - what do you think?

Attachments

#85 ·
Had My R56 MCS for quite a few weeks now and traveling back from gatwick airport today along the motor way, My drivers side window poped open, The window lowered it self and opened its self onto the second latch,

I pulled the car over to the hard shoulder and had to use the toggle switch to unlock the door open it fully and slam it shut,

Has this happed to any one else in the new or old minis

I just find it strange becuase there was no door warning light as i was driving and then for the window to actually pop down and then open the door was very strange and scary.

#87 ·
Now over 500 miles done in my new MCS, it does feel quicker than when new, and much quicker than old MCS, smoother, quieter, didnt order the sports suspension, ride on the good looking web 17" alloys excellent, better built. Annoyed that it doesnt come in black ( astro black is ****** blue) , also didnt know that the factory leather comes with piping ( which i like) sadly got mine in leather/ cloth to do a custom retrim in black suede. mistake. Love the interior chrome pack, regular stereo is sh**, multi function wheel and cruise good, heated seats seriously hot on max setting, keyless go a laugh, first aid kit £4.99 halfords style, rain sensor good, auto lights on good as are the xenons, anthracite black roof lining with ebony dash looks seriously good with the mood lighting! Must have extra!. Will get JCS suede steering wheel and i pod connector. will post some pictures once the tints are on...looking forward to sports exhaust off to see if i need to order one with the LSD :biggrin: Tom @ Pentagon

#88 ·
just got mine the day before yesterday. I had a 2003 MCS in blue with vioer stripes, and have to say I loved it. The new 2nd gen one is not quite as robust I have to say. The interior isn't quite as sophisticated, and the chrome switches, though chunkier just dont feel as nice. However, I added sat nav, auto air con, sunroof, web spokes, twin lamps, DAB, DSC, and an AERO KIT. So its fab. Love it. Oh its Silver as well.... :)