MINI Cooper Forum banner

Help !!! - Sparkling Silver??

31K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  realbasic 
#1 ·
Hi folks, can anyone help??

I fell in love with the sparkling silver 'gold' colour in my mini dealer's showroom but I've seen photo's that shows it being quite dull and almost mushroom in colour.

Can anyone who has a Cooper S in SS/B please please post some photo's??

I ordered the SS/B for March delivery but I'm starting to panic now!!

Thanking you in advance !!

#11 ·
#13 ·
You're not alone. I gravitated back and forth between PW/B and SS/B right up 'til Mini started building my car. And like you I was concerned on seeing some photos that made it look rather drab. So I searched out every picture and every comment on this color I could find. The comments are what put my mind to rest. In all my reading, every opinion expressed regarding this color was glowing. I liked the one that said, (paraphrasing) this car will probably pass up the dark silver as the coolest color seen on the Mini Cooper. Another likened the color to a good champaign. So, I've come to the conclusion that sparkling silver only photographs accurately under strong light conditions.

Let's both of us post follow-ups once we receive our cars. Maybe we can put some other doubting minds at ease (assuming we're as impressed with this color as we hope we'll be - and I have every reason to believe we will). Maybe we should start a sparkling silver support group :) .

#21 ·
I always liked the dark what I call gunmetal you got on the old mini’s and was very disappointed to not see it on the options. This colour is very nice all the same but I still fancy the blue.

Question on the blue Mini I’d get the blue interior , what interior would you go with for this colour. Just all black?

#26 ·
I always liked the dark what I call gunmetal you got on the old mini’s and was very disappointed to not see it on the options. This colour is very nice all the same but I still fancy the blue.

Question on the blue Mini I’d get the blue interior , what interior would you go with for this colour. Just all black?

Yep went for the black punched leather and the piano black trim.

Blue is nice too isn't it !!:biggrin:

#22 ·
colour choice

i went to the launch of the 2nd gen and my local dealer had a sparkling silver model on
display with a black and red interior and a panoramic roof.it looked the bee's knees . when its time my present mini to go, the sparkling silver will be the first box i will tick on the order form

#24 ·
i went to the launch of the 2nd gen and my local dealer had a sparkling silver model on
display with a black and red interior and a panoramic roof.it looked the bee's knees . when its time my present mini to go, the sparkling silver will be the first box i will tick on the order form
All Mini dealers had this combo to "show off" all different attributes of the Mini. Dealers also had Laser Blue S's with Aero Kits with Punch Black leather (the first R56 I sat in :D:D) Astro Black Coopers with beige leather and crown spokes (many with sunroofs), some had Chili Red with red or black 1/2 leather, and a few had Pure Silver Coopers with 15" Spoolers. I have to say though, the SS Cooper S stole the show. The red leather looks fantastic!!

#31 ·
I think you made a good choice!

:smile:
Hi, I just joined about 10 minutes ago. I was looking for pics of ss/cooper and saw your message about your dilema. I have never seen one in person myself, but from the computer pics the color is stunning! And from what people say, the color is even more beautiful in person. I ordered an 08 s with the ss color with black roof/mirrors with black bonnet stripes, and with checkered cloth seats. Mine should be in my hands by Feb. 10. I know I will be happy with the color. It looks pretty classy.
Good luck in your decision, did you say you were getting it in the black trim? Have you ever seen it with white trim? They say it looks nice, but I prefer it in black trim.

#32 ·
Another YES vote here, and this one from someone not too fond of "gold" cars. Regardless of any photos you've seen or how the color looks on the configurator, Sparkling Silver is amazing and I'm sure you'll love it!

I've had my heart set on Mellow Yellow for 4 years, and when I went to buy last month, a Sparkling Silver on the lot almost changed my mind. Gorgeous!

#33 ·
And yet another Yes vote !

As has been said before it's a colour that seems to change depending on the prevailing lighting conditions and surrounding colours.

Mine has Black Roof and Door Mirrors as well as Black Bonnet stripes, and initially about the only thing I wasn't sure about were the bonnet stripes, I couldn't make my mine up whether it 'looked right' or not.

I have had the car for a couple of months now and having seen a few other Sparking Silver ones without the stripes, I'm really glad I didn't take up the dealers offer to remove them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.