MINI Cooper Forum banner

how to open the trunk?

94K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  johnmanning 
#1 ·
so wats the deal with opening the trunk? i know when u press the trunk botton on the key it unlatches and u can pull it up. when u press unlock, as in unlocking the door, you can open the trunk using the handle on the trunk. the tricky part is how do i open the trunk with the key in the ignition? when i go back to try to open the truck, the handle doesnt work. any clues?

#21 ·
Opening the boot (trunk) from inside requires, extra switch, extra wiring, extra motor(s) or extra pistons or stronger pistons, and all these mean EXTRA WEIGHT and extra cost. I think 1 in 10000 mini owners want this. When you are going to get something from the trunk, just push the button. It's that simple.

#24 ·
It seems I have the same problem as Guppy. Pressing the toggle switch on the dash does NOT release the trunk lock. The manual says in case of power failure put the rear seat back down and crawl back to the trunk lid and pull the release. Now why wouldn't the toggle switch on the dash open the trunk too? See your Mini dealer is what I'll do next!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.