MINI Cooper Forum banner

R56 DRIVER, DO YOU MISS YOUR OLD R53 MCS?

Show me your R56 MCS and your old R53 MCS

11K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  LukaszKohut 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my R56 MCS today and swapped it for my R53 MCS. Parting from your car is an emo moment, but pushing that start button on for the very first time was even more emo! I wanted to upgrade for some time now, but waited until I found a car that had more or less similar specs as my Sep 05 MCS. Last week I found one and today we met :) Oh boy, what a car!!! I am as happy with the new car as I was when I collected the R53 from the dealership last year!

After having driven the R56 for a day now (w sport button on and off), I'm convinced that it is the better of the two cars. It drives smoother, faster, consumes less, better torque curve, pot holes do not feel like a collision and over all improved quality feel. However, I still have more of a weak spot for the R53's curves and the R53's interior design was really something special.

Both cars have:
- Chili Pack
- Heated Windscreen, mirrors and washer jets;
- LSD;
- Visibility Pack w auto dim interior mirror
- Auto Lights On & Rain Sensor

The R56 came also with:
- full bluetooth (although my Nokia E51 does not sync for whatever reason):
- iPod interface (although my iPod does not sync for whatever reason...);
- DSC.

DO YOU MISS YOUR OLD R53 MCS???

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had my R56 S for just over a year now and changed from an R53 S Works - I think the new car is fantastic and prefer it much more :D there are some elements of the R53 I do miss I suppose, like the supercharger whine and some of the styling, but I have no regrets changing :D love it :D :D :D

nice looking S btw ;) :D

here's my old one, and the new one :D

#8 ·
Heres my R56 Cooper S, had her 4 weeks now :p

Ok, so I didnt change from an R53 Cooper S :eek: morelike an R50 ONE (via an R56 Cooper D) :p but hey, same difference, I love the R56 more :D though I do still miss my little 'Bow' :eek:
Those side skirts look great with those web spoke alloys. I'm not sure whether they go well with my standard Crown Spokes. I'm considering the R99's, but no rush. I'm still in the 'honeymoon period' with my new R56.

#11 ·
ideal is to possess the two generations is great to go from one to another :D, the week the R56 and R53 for the fun :rolleyes:

for me: blue with white roof, 17' white, xenon, chrome line ;) similar configuration...

Attachments

#12 ·
Totally agree, got both, R53 JCW GP and R56 MCS, supposed to be that the GP is used the lesser of the two, but its far more fun than the R56 which is a nice easy car to drive, but just not as fun or as good looking as the GP;):D When I do drive the R56 I miss the R53 loads!

Oh and if you want to go a step further than having both generations, next step is to get a classic, and we've got a 1990 RSP mini cooper in BRG, which is also bags of fun, and sits in second place to drive after the GP:)

#14 ·
I also think the same thing,

I had even the two models R53, 163CH without DGL and 170CH with DGL with lot options, this was not the same car :eek:

I ride very little with 170CH, because I work at 1 miles from home ;), I ride to avanatage with the R56, more enjoyable, more gentle side but quality manufacturing and materials, I am less content.

(I do not buy new MINI as a result of my R53, but a Lotus elise, more fun :D )

picture from my two R53, also similar configuration :rolleyes:

Attachments

#19 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Mini
R50 2005
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini Mini cooper
R53 Works 2006
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mini
R56 2009

R50 was my first MINI so I think I couldn't say a bad word :) R53 Works Checkmate was a monster, but honestly a fuel consumption was terrible. Now I am driving R56 and I am really happy. The only thing I really miss is a solar roof and maybe also a chronopackage dashboard interior.
Regards from Poland!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.