LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Hammo18

Local Time: 06:05 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

United-Kingdom Does my R56 have an alarm?

I have been trying my best for the past couple of week in trying to see if my R56 MCS has an alarm. It has the red thing on the rev counter with the LED which I was told it has an alarm if it had that.

I lock the car, and shake it, pull the driver door handle repeatidly and the boot handle...nothing.

So I stpped it up a notch, locked myself in the car with the remote, so the ultrasonic sensor above my head should now trigger the alarm....nothing.

One guy said put the window down, lock the car and put your arm out (can't see how this helps)...this didn't work.

Also another said when he locks his Cooper S and bends the aerial it goes off then.

But I've had nothing! I was told it was standing on UK second gen Cooper S's...is this right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 10:05 PM

United States Male

I've just gone through the same confusion as you. I have an '08 MCS with the red led on the tach. My car does not have the alarm. The red led is standard, the alarm is not. However, the good thing is its pre wired. If your interested you can buy the sensor kit from mini for about $300 and install them yourself.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
MINI2 Privilege Member
Super Moderator

Local Time: 05:05 AM

United Kingdom Male View minicore's Chili Red & Body Color 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammo18 View Post
One guy said put the window down, lock the car and put your arm out (can't see how this helps)...this didn't work.
I think that was me, but I meant get out of the car and leave the window down, then lock it (from the outside) and stick your arm IN... as though a window had been broken and someone was reaching into the car.

Does the LED thing pulse after locking, then flash after 10-15 minutes?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 07:05 AM

Czech Republic Male

Why don't you ask your BMW dealer to print the complete specs of your car? They did it for free for me and I was surprised what all accessory it had installed :-)

Mini Cooper S (2007), 158 kW and 312 NM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.