I've had an R56 S for a couple of years which I enjoy very much.
Passing the local Mini shop yesterday I spied a Paceman Cooper S All4 outside....and to cut a long story short...was sitting in it on a test drive 15 minutes later.
* Much less ugly than the Countryman.
* Surprisingly nice and "Mini-like" to drive
* Enough headroom inside to wear a top hat
* Slower than the R56 despite same engine (vehicle is about 15% heavier so no surprise there).
* This is a £25k car in it's basic form....but price "north" of £30k when you add Chili and a few options.
Absolutely no emotional connection with the car at all so I'll be keeping my wallet in my pocket. Looking forward to seeing the new third generation F56 Cooper S later in the year.
Our S is nearly 3.5 yrs old now and I was toying with the idea of replacing it as there are some good finance deals around right now .... But the thought of the new model on the horizon and consequential low residuals on the current models put me off. Plus, I am quite liking the look of the F56
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.